What value is a Honeywell Spyder with ILC?

Does anybody here have a personal experience or know of an occasion where having an Independently Licensed Spyder was needed or desirable? We always use open license JACE but does open license have much real value with Spyder?

Quote Originally Posted by fxb80 View Post
    Does anybody here have a personal experience or know of an occasion where having an Independently Licensed Spyder was needed or desirable? We always use open license JACE but does open license have much real value with Spyder?
    I believe that you need the ILC Spyders if you are using them on a non WEBS Jace and would like to have the Spyder tool on the Jace.

Quote Originally Posted by The Reaper View Post
    I believe that you need the ILC Spyders if you are using them on a non WEBS Jace and would like to have the Spyder tool on the Jace.
    Since the SpyderTool is a .jar file and it's a download on Buildings Forum, would it be correct to say that all one would need is Buildings Forum access to install the tool on an non-WEBs Jace? Lacking Buildings Forum access, is it possible to program a Spyder without SpyderTool? If possible, is it productive?

You can put Spydertool on any Workbench or Jace. The problem is with programming Spyder. You will need a ILC Spyder if using a non Webs Jace or Workbench for the programming. You can program a non ILC Spyder with your Webs Workbench and put it on a non webs Jace. You will be able to discover and use the points, but you will never be able to download it. And alot of other actions, require the Spyder to be in a downloaded state in the database.

Quote Originally Posted by ascj View Post
    You can put Spydertool on any Workbench or Jace. The problem is with programming Spyder. You will need a ILC Spyder if using a non Webs Jace or Workbench for the programming. You can program a non ILC Spyder with your Webs Workbench and put it on a non webs Jace. You will be able to discover and use the points, but you will never be able to download it. And alot of other actions, require the Spyder to be in a downloaded state in the database.
    Thanks for the clarification.

Do you need the Spyder tool? Which version?

Can you program and download a non-ILC spyder through just a WEBS JACE (web browser)? or do you have to use webs ax for programming?

Quote Originally Posted by overdue View Post
    Can you program and download a non-ILC spyder through just a WEBS JACE (web browser)? or do you have to use webs ax for programming?
    You can download with any Webs branded Jace. But to program through the web UI, you need Jace with embedded workbench.

Thanks. when you say embedded, does it refer to the workbench in jace or ax supervisor on a laptop. For example can you program a spyder through a say web-600 in web browser? I ask because I don't have Honeywell webs ax installed on my computer.

An embedded workbench is a Jace option. With it you program and download a Spyder through the web browser.

Which makes me think.......you should be able to program the Spyder with a non webs workbench with Spydertool. Then add it into the Jace and then download to the Spyder through the Jace. Never tried it though.