Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Tool-Slinger View Post
    Australians do not need guns. They have little crime and no terrorism. It is sort of a garden of eden, they have no fear of war because the US will protect them.
    They have crime just as any where else does, I do not think you would call it Eden, with your dislike of snakes and what about the spiders.

I think the big difference is that Aussies and Kiwis spending more time living, then worry about war or fear of a boogyman. So I do not think their lack of fear is anything to do with the USA.

Of course with your population, wealth and being the worlds policeman???, it is nice to know you are there.

Australians do not need guns. They have little crime and no terrorism. It is sort of a garden of eden, they have no fear of war because the US will protect them.
    Gee thank you too much Tool.

Seems to me that Australians have been fighting and dying in your little wars of late too.

remember that little to do about alleged weapons of mass destruction in the middle east?

Our sons and daughters were there bleeding with yours. Not mine personally.

Afghanistan? I have a cousin who was there. still fights the war in his head.

Vietnam?

Korea?

World war 2?

1st world war?

Which conflict did you fight in by the way?
    Mistakes are a part of being human. Appreciate your mistakes for what they are: precious life lessons that can only be learned the hard way. Unless it's a fatal mistake, which, at least, others can learn from. Al Franken, "Oh, the Things I Know", 2002

Quote Originally Posted by barbar View Post
    They have crime just as any where else does, I do not think you would call it Eden, with your dislike of snakes and what about the spiders.

I think the big difference is that Aussies and Kiwis spending more time living, then worry about war or fear of a boogyman. So I do not think their lack of fear is anything to do with the USA.

Of course with your population, wealth and being the worlds policeman???, it is nice to know you are there.
    Come on barbar, what do you blokes know about snakes?

I once worked alongside a crew of Maoris at Ayers Rock. I watched them pull a rubbish heap apart with their bare hands to catch a king brown.

They caught and killed it but it could just as easily have gone the other way.

They hadn't grown up with snakes and didn't have a healthy fear of them.

Oh, and we also have our own home grown terrorists.
    they just haven't gotten lucky yet.
    Mistakes are a part of being human. Appreciate your mistakes for what they are: precious life lessons that can only be learned the hard way. Unless it's a fatal mistake, which, at least, others can learn from. Al Franken, "Oh, the Things I Know", 2002

Quote Originally Posted by glennac View Post
    Slatts where is Sydney's violence comming from? The immigrants or desendence of them after you opened your immigration to non Europeans in the 70's like we did in 65 under LBJ.

I suspect there is where your problem lies

Be honest now not PC on us here. Thank you, thank you very much
    From what I can find out it seems to be Asian gangs and home grown bikies arguing over drug markets.

As it happens all the non aboriginals in Aus are descendent of immigrants. They call us boat people.

Quote Originally Posted by Slatts View Post
    Come on barbar, what do you blokes know about snakes?

I once worked alongside a crew of Maoris at Ayers Rock. I watched them pull a rubbish heap apart with their bare hands to catch a king brown.

They caught and killed it but it could just as easily have gone the other way.

They hadn't grown up with snakes and didn't have a healthy fear of them.

Oh, and we also have our own home grown terrorists.
    they just haven't gotten lucky yet.
    Not a lot, but I do know "tool", does not like them.

After they caught and killed it, did they eat it?

If I remeber there was link to aussie with the UK airport bombers (about 8 or so years ago)

If I remeber there was link to aussie with the UK airport bombers (about 8 or so years ago)
    I meant Australia was a political paradise of sorts, not at all a physical paradise. The Aussie have mean killer snakes and rabbits as large as men.
    "You boys are really making this thing harder than it has to be". Me

"Who ARE you people? And WHAT are you doing in my SWAMP!?" Shrek

Service calls submitted after 3PM will be posted the next business day.

I give free estimates [Wild Ass Guesses] over the phone.

"I am sorry for interrupting, please continue with your quarreling" Some chick on TV

No, they left it draped over a fence.

Now I remember, the bomber was the cousin of a doctor in Australia and Howards attack dogs went after him wrong or wrong (not a typo)

When he left England he gave his cousin his phone sim card as it still had some credit on it and wouldn't have been usable over here.

Here's the background.

No, they left it draped over a fence.

Now I remember, the bomber was the cousin of a doctor in Australia and Howards attack dogs went after him wrong or wrong (not a typo)

When he left England he gave his cousin his phone sim card as it still had some credit on it and wouldn't have been usable over here.

Here's the background.
    Thanks for the refresher.

I was actually stuck in Manchester airport at the time, (possibly also under imminent attack), It was really quite calm considering the situation. (except in the queue for the women loos)

I meant Australia was a political paradise of sorts, not at all a physical paradise. The Aussie have mean killer snakes and rabbits as large as men.
    Those big rabbits cook up alright too. No fat in the meat so good for your heart.

Some of the labourers would go out after work at the rock and knock over a roo (shoot it) and we'd throw it on the barby for dinner.

That would have been about 83 or 4 I think. We were building the Uluru Resort out there.

Thanks for the refresher.

I was actually stuck in Manchester airport at the time, (possibly also under imminent attack), It was really quite calm considering the situation. (except in the queue for the women loos)
    something you've neglected to tell me barbar?

something you've neglected to tell me barbar?
    Not turned tranny yet, after see all those women crossed legged, I thought I would stick with a zip, plus looking at my tool box, I do not think i could lift my handbag.

Those big rabbits cook up alright too. No fat in the meat so good for your heart.

Some of the labourers would go out after work at the rock and knock over a roo (shoot it) and we'd throw it on the barby for dinner.

That would have been about 83 or 4 I think. We were building the Uluru Resort out there.
    I would think that those huge rabbits would be fine in a soup. I prefer pork or beef on a grill. I like black pepper on it,,,, Damm now I have gone and made myself hungry. Australian conspiracy? The truth is out there, it is for you to decide.

MMmm bacon.
    "You boys are really making this thing harder than it has to be". Me

"Who ARE you people? And WHAT are you doing in my SWAMP!?" Shrek

Service calls submitted after 3PM will be posted the next business day.

I give free estimates [Wild Ass Guesses] over the phone.

"I am sorry for interrupting, please continue with your quarreling" Some chick on TV

MMmm bacon.[/QUOTE]

For the above reason only, I will never be converted to Isalm.

MMMMMMMMMMM Bacon Butty, with heaps of butter MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM

Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast