Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by jtrammel View Post
    You actually read the whole thing? I made it about 5 sentences before my opinion of it was "scroll through this load of crap"
    Here's the sixth and seventh sentences for you jtrammel

We are not really entitled to our opinions, nor should we be, because such an entitlement is the enemy of intellectual progress. It creates a kind of intellectual protectionism analogous to economic protectionism that restricts free trade of ideas and so too the progress that comes with that free trade.
    The rest of the post mostly explained these sentences in parables for you.

Why don't you pick them apart and show us the logical fallacies in them.

Could you try to avoid, "load of crap" and "'taint so!" just to humour me.

Ta.
    Mistakes are a part of being human. Appreciate your mistakes for what they are: precious life lessons that can only be learned the hard way. Unless it's a fatal mistake, which, at least, others can learn from. Al Franken, "Oh, the Things I Know", 2002

Folks from outside the USA seem to think all they have to do to understand our founding documents is to read a part here and there... at a glance... and they think they get it...

THEY DO NOT

Further: If one is gonna speak on something... the least they can do is understand of what they speak.

If anyone wants to learn what the founders were thinking and their intent when they wrote the founding documents of the USA... here is a place to learn:

www.hillsdale.edu Lots of free lectures by learned folks there. One would grow between their ears if they listened... and it is free.

Now if someone who thinks they understand, yet for whatever reason is not willing to educate themself... well what they are speaking is nothing more than opinion... which it would appear the libs here are against.

SOOO:

Logic would suggest (well probably demand) that either someone become educated on a topic, or keep their mouth shut... as they are not allowed to have opinions anymore (according to the latest mental jerk-off).

You libs amaze me... it is easier than waving candy in front of a baby... to lead your feeble minds down a road.

What ever happened to discernment and wisdom?
    GA-HVAC-Tech

Quality work at a fair price with excellent customer service!

Romans Ch's 5-6-7-8

2 Chronicles 7:14

Gee ga, it looks like you're in perfect agreement with the OP.

What you just wrote pretty well paraphrases it.

Perhaps you should read it again.
    Mistakes are a part of being human. Appreciate your mistakes for what they are: precious life lessons that can only be learned the hard way. Unless it's a fatal mistake, which, at least, others can learn from. Al Franken, "Oh, the Things I Know", 2002

Actually I only skimmed the OP... When I did not see anything concerning the founding documents of the USA... I left it.

The USA is kinda unique in the current world... we actually have 'rights' prescribed in our laws... The OP does not seem to understand that.

When I was young... I used to contemplate things... Now that I am not so young (wiser for sure)... I see that contemplation was a waste of time.

Cheers!
    GA-HVAC-Tech

Romans Ch's 5-6-7-8

Quote Originally Posted by thermophysics View Post
    That does not give you any right to your opinions. Only the liberty to express them.
    Well, it would be a little silly to have liberty to express an opinion,... then argue that one has no right to the opinion to begin with.

I agree with Slatt's great video point, "it's the vibe of the whole thing".
    "You boys are really making this thing harder than it has to be". Me

"Who ARE you people? And WHAT are you doing in my SWAMP!?" Shrek

Service calls submitted after 3PM will be posted the next business day.

I give free estimates [Wild Ass Guesses] over the phone.

"I am sorry for interrupting, please continue with your quarreling" Some chick on TV

Quote Originally Posted by ga-hvac-tech View Post
    Actually I only skimmed the OP... When I did not see anything concerning the founding documents of the USA... I left it.

The USA is kinda unique in the current world... we actually have 'rights' prescribed in our laws... The OP does not seem to understand that.

When I was young... I used to contemplate things... Now that I am not so young (wiser for sure)... I see that contemplation was a waste of time.

Cheers!
    In Australia, we don't have a bill of rights and so our rights aren't limited by a bill.

We therefore don't have lawyers sitting around looking for ways to interpret a form of words, mind reading dead politicians and trying to spin the document to fit their personal agenda.

AS I understand it... your country has LESS freedom than my country... witness your govt collected the guns... ours is AFRAID to do that.
    GA-HVAC-Tech

Romans Ch's 5-6-7-8

AS I understand it... your country has LESS freedom than my country... witness your govt collected the guns... ours is AFRAID to do that.
    Australians do not need guns as weapons,(so used the guns for scrap tax dollars) they use their personalities, and they are "very free" to use it. (slatts will understand the the banter)

Can't say as how I've noticed it.

I get to vote in free and fair compulsory elections.

I have freely travelled all of the mainland states and territories and have worked in2 of them.

I can walk the streets in most cities an towns in Aus without having to worry about getting shot by some loony with a gun.

We haven't had a massacre in Australia since that dick head Bryant shot a heap of people in Tasmania, leading the then Prime Minister to buy back and destroy a huge number of fire arms.

Sydney is going to the dogs with gun violence at the moment. they're having the odd shoot out every week or so.
    Of course most of us Queenslanders don't think of Sydney as really part of Aus anyway.

further reading:

http://www.mamamia.com.au/social/joh...-gun-buy-back/

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gun_politics_in_Australia

http://www.theage.com.au/news/opinio...861484114.html

Private ownership of weapons (in our age guns) keeps govt respecting the citizens. Take away the weapons (in our case guns)... and citizens become subjects.

History teaches this lesson over thousands of years.

What totally amazes me is folks do not understand what they are loosing...

GA is gonna check out for tonite... in my time zone it is time to retire for the nite.
    GA-HVAC-Tech

Romans Ch's 5-6-7-8

here's a link to an Australian news program from this morning (my time).

About 22 minutes in is a bit about the gun buy back that you may find interesting (or enraging, depending on your view).

I'd recommend watching the thing from the start to get a feel for the programme.

Slatts where is Sydney's violence comming from? The immigrants or desendence of them after you opened your immigration to non Europeans in the 70's like we did in 65 under LBJ.

I suspect there is where your problem lies

Be honest now not PC on us here. Thank you, thank you very much

Quote Originally Posted by barbar View Post
    Australians do not need guns as weapons,(so used the guns for scrap tax dollars) they use their personalities, and they are "very free" to use it. (slatts will understand the the banter)
    Australians do not need guns. They have little crime and no terrorism. It is sort of a garden of eden, they have no fear of war because the US will protect them.
    "You boys are really making this thing harder than it has to be". Me

"Who ARE you people? And WHAT are you doing in my SWAMP!?" Shrek

Service calls submitted after 3PM will be posted the next business day.

I give free estimates [Wild Ass Guesses] over the phone.

"I am sorry for interrupting, please continue with your quarreling" Some chick on TV

Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast