Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567891013 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by thermophysics View Post
    You have no say in what your beliefs are. So you cannot have any choice in what your opinions are.

If you happen to believe a certain colleague to be out on a certain construction site when the very next second you see them in your office corridors you can't help but now believe they are not at that certain site. You cannot close your eyes protesting "No, no, I want to keep my belief that he is on site!".

So if you cannot choose what your beliefs are - if your beliefs change through no choice of your own - then the only way for you to keep your current stock of beliefs would be to limit your exposure to any impressions, argument or evidence that might change them.

So saying "I am entitled to my own opinion" can only mean you are invoking a right to close your eye's, ears and all the rest to the world around you. And, well, hey, you might indeed have that privilege - but then you are forfeiting your right to comment on that same world around you given that you have thereby professed to be deliberately ignorant of it.

Invoking the said right is in fact an overt announcement and confession of ones own preference for ignorance - even if often unwitting.
    I am sorry to say...

This logic is SOOOO full of homes... it would make swiss cheese look solid.

I have spent an evening once a month with the local Mensan chapter for over a decade... They are about as 'brainiac' as they come...
    Even those folks would say this is a crock of POO..

Sorry... enlightenment needs electricity... and this line of reasoning is definitely GROUNDED.
    GA-HVAC-Tech

Galatians 2:20-21; Colossians 1: 21-22 & 26-27; 3:1-4; Romans Ch's 5-6-7-8

2 Chronicles 7:14

Quality work at a fair price with excellent customer service.

Quote Originally Posted by coolwhip View Post
    We are all now dumber for having read this. I award the OP no points and may God have mercy on his soul.
    Ya know Cool... your barmaid in your avatar seems more interesting than this thread...

OP really thinks up in the clouds... wonder if they will come down any time soon.
    GA-HVAC-Tech

Quote Originally Posted by Core_d View Post
    I take an agnostic approach to most things. Some things I cant shake. Our human since of touch and sight is very tempered and specified. I feel scientific test equipment is equally as limited. We know nothing, agnostically speaking. I was their so i guess I know something you dont
    I think we do have rights as persons, God given rights, our opinions among those rights. Our national constitution included a 'bill of rights' to preserve that right legally whether one believes in God or not. Greatest legal document since the Magna Carta, it basically gives a man freedom. Nobody should ever undermine that, not ever.

"You boys are really making this thing harder than it has to be". Me

"Who ARE you people? And WHAT are you doing in my SWAMP!?" Shrek

Service calls submitted after 3PM will be posted the next business day.

I give free estimates [Wild Ass Guesses] over the phone.

"Ain't nobody got time for that". Corny

Quote Originally Posted by ga-hvac-tech View Post
    Ya know Cool... your barmaid in your avatar seems more interesting than this thread...

OP really thinks up in the clouds... wonder if they will come down any time soon.
    Nothing like a beautiful fraulein with a giant frosty cooly raising her glass to ya.
    "The road to Hell is paved with progressive policies."

Quote Originally Posted by ga-hvac-tech View Post
    I am sorry to say...

This logic is SOOOO full of homes... it would make swiss cheese look solid.

I have spent an evening once a month with the local Mensan chapter for over a decade... They are about as 'brainiac' as they come...
    Even those folks would say this is a crock of POO..

Sorry... enlightenment needs electricity... and this line of reasoning is definitely GROUNDED.
    What are the problems you see with the thinking?

Nothing like a beautiful fraulein with a giant frosty cooly raising her glass to ya.
    And at the end of the day (or nite)... more has been accomplished than sitting around dreaming about unreality... <grin>
    GA-HVAC-Tech

Quote Originally Posted by thermophysics View Post
    What are the problems you see with the thinking?
    You wont get a response from the mensan arguing the point. You might get a wisecrack... or the old standby..."I answered your question but you didnt understand my response"... or he will say he has better things to do then hang around in here..... till the thread dies...

or of course he could just put you on ignore..... like Im sure all mensans do when they get backed into a corner.
    As Seen On You Tube (usually under someone elses name)

Quote Originally Posted by hurtinhvac View Post
    Do you take a sh*t or leave a sh*t?

I don't believe anyone gives one anyway...
    I hope you aren't wedded to that belief hurtinhvac, because I'm going to have to disabuse you of it.

I personally believe that the original post was one of the best that I've read on this forum.

'Course, given some of the stuff I've read here, that's not saying much.
    Mistakes are a part of being human. Appreciate your mistakes for what they are: precious life lessons that can only be learned the hard way. Unless it's a fatal mistake, which, at least, others can learn from. Al Franken, "Oh, the Things I Know", 2002

Corny, you seem to be really bothered that G has you on ignore. You still troll his threads and make posts like this. Pull yourself together man, not everyone wants to hear or read your ridiculous incoherent liberal babble.

Quote Originally Posted by Slatts View Post
    I hope you aren't wedded to that belief hurtinhvac, because I'm going to have to disabuse you of it.

I personally believe that the original post was one of the best that I've read on this forum.

'Course, given some of the stuff I've read here, that's not saying much.
    And which penal colony did you come from?

Did someone pass gas ???
    As Seen On You Tube (usually under someone elses name)

Quote Originally Posted by corny View Post
    Did someone pass gas ???
    It was you....you have failed to sever that chord that connects your a$$ to your brain and you keep talking sheit.

And which penal colony did you come from?
    There, you see?

Another belief based on false assumption.

My ancestry is Scott, Irish and British, with a touch, so I'm told, of Maori.

All immigrants, none sent at the monarch of the days pleasure.

Mind you, most Australians who can trace their ancestry back to a transportee do so with pride.

We're a perverse bunch of bastards like that.
    Mistakes are a part of being human. Appreciate your mistakes for what they are: precious life lessons that can only be learned the hard way. Unless it's a fatal mistake, which, at least, others can learn from. Al Franken, "Oh, the Things I Know", 2002

Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567891013 ... LastLast