Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ... 2567891011121314 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by thermophysics View Post
    Which bases are not covered?

Maybe you can copy and paste here what your teachers say about the bases? Maybe I can interpret them better?
    You believe there is no God but you will not describe what God is. It’s like denying that earth has four moons but you can’t describe what a moon is. In order to deny the existence of something you must first describe what it is you are denying.

God is different things to different people. The term I use ‘man in the clouds’ is the easiest to critique and I assume is the definition you are denying. But the subtlest of definitions is whether we have a spiritual quality to our existence. That is, are we more than our minds and brains? Does consciousness exist in spite of the brain?

Evidence collected from near death experiences suggests we are more than our body and mind. They do not solve the problem conclusively but it raises the probability considerably. Spiritual contact, ESP, telepathy and the like also suggest there are sources of information that we can tap into that are outside our five senses.

So if any man that has walked this earth has received any information from outside his five senses you would have to deny it, right? God is not only a ‘Man in the Clouds’. To me It is our spiritual side that exists before and after our earth life. It is the Source in which we came from and where we will return. To me, more evidence exists that this is true than false.

I am learning to overlook the arrogance of religions that claim they know truths about this inconceivable subject.

Quote Originally Posted by ga-hvac-tech View Post
    ... They will probably refuse this body I live in... it has too much mileage on it already...
    Not to mention the gentler sex. LOL. Couldn't resist John.
    "I could have ended the war in a month. I could have made North Vietnam look like a mud puddle."
    "I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them. It is not to inaugurate new programs, but to cancel old ones that do violence to the Constitution."
    Barry Goldwater

We are more than body and mind, we are energy. Energy cannot be destroyed, so where does it go?

I for one am convinced of life beyond this physical existence as I have witnessed apparitions which have left me with no doubt in my mind what so ever.
    "Politicians are the lowest form of life on Earth. Liberal Democrats are the lowest form of politician"

- General George S. Patton

Quote Originally Posted by coolwhip View Post
    If logic was/is being taught at Universities, then why are they cranking out so many liberals?
    That was an illogical statement... <grin>

Spock would call you out... LOL
    GA-HVAC-Tech

Quality work at a fair price with excellent customer service!

Romans Ch's 5-6-7-8

2 Chronicles 7:14

Quote Originally Posted by glennac View Post
    Not to mention the gentler sex. LOL. Couldn't resist John.
    How would you know...

You left yourself open there Glenn...
    GA-HVAC-Tech

Romans Ch's 5-6-7-8

Quote Originally Posted by Brian GC View Post
    You believe there is no God but you will not describe what God is. It’s like denying that earth has four moons but you can’t describe what a moon is. In order to deny the existence of something you must first describe what it is you are denying.

God is different things to different people. The term I use ‘man in the clouds’ is the easiest to critique and I assume is the definition you are denying. But the subtlest of definitions is whether we have a spiritual quality to our existence. That is, are we more than our minds and brains? Does consciousness exist in spite of the brain?

Evidence collected from near death experiences suggests we are more than our body and mind. They do not solve the problem conclusively but it raises the probability considerably. Spiritual contact, ESP, telepathy and the like also suggest there are sources of information that we can tap into that are outside our five senses.

So if any man that has walked this earth has received any information from outside his five senses you would have to deny it, right? God is not only a ‘Man in the Clouds’. To me It is our spiritual side that exists before and after our earth life. It is the Source in which we came from and where we will return. To me, more evidence exists that this is true than false.

I am learning to overlook the arrogance of religions that claim they know truths about this inconceivable subject.
    Back in the 1980's, GA was a leader in the singles groups at a Southern Baptist mega-church (Second Baptist for you Houston TX folks)... we had a leadership retreat one weekend.

One of the associate pastors did a session on deception: His theme was the word 'god' would be broadened to include lots of things that are ill-defined. Seems that prediction has come true.
    GA-HVAC-Tech

Romans Ch's 5-6-7-8

Back in the 1980's, GA was a leader in the singles groups at a Southern Baptist mega-church (Second Baptist for you Houston TX folks)... we had a leadership retreat one weekend.

One of the associate pastors did a session on deception: His theme was the word 'god' would be broadened to include lots of things that are ill-defined. Seems that prediction has come true.
    There are two lessons pastors do not teach...religious tolerance and open-mindedness.

I have closely followed the UFO phenomenon for decades and it has one thing in common with religions. Anyone who claims they have it all figured out is the last person you should be listening to.

We're only working with human brains here GA. A little humility is in order.

Quote Originally Posted by coolwhip View Post
    We are more than body and mind, we are energy. Energy cannot be destroyed, so where does it go?

I for one am convinced of life beyond this physical existence as I have witnessed apparitions which have left me with no doubt in my mind what so ever.
    It's not destroyed when you die, it's dispersed as heat which is spread to your surroundings in the coffin, or blown up a chimney.

2 actions which we should all be familiar with in this trade.

Look up heat death and the zeroth law of thermodynamics

There are two lessons pastors do not teach...religious tolerance and open-mindedness.

I have closely followed the UFO phenomenon for decades and it has one thing in common with religions. Anyone who claims they have it all figured out is the last person you should be listening to.

Jesus Christ himself stated "I am the way, the truth and the life, no man can come to the father but by me." That does not leave any room for religious tolerance or religious pluralism. According to Christ himself, there is only one way!

This is why many ministers do not leave room for so called religious tolerance. Because Jesus Christ leaves no room either.

Brian, Christianity teaches God (not god) is a higher power than humans and humanity... and as such a smart human would seek leadership from a higher power.

Now if a human thinks they are the final authority... I guess they do not need a higher power.

Do you see the reason preachers to not teach what you call 'open-mindedness'?
    GA-HVAC-Tech

Romans Ch's 5-6-7-8

Quote Originally Posted by Hugh B View Post
    Jesus Christ himself stated "I am the way, the truth and the life, no man can come to the father but by me."
    According to men who never heard those words from Jesus' mouth. Actually, the authors never heard anything from Jesus' mouth or even laid eyes on Him.

Brian, Christianity teaches God (not god) is a higher power than humans and humanity... and as such a smart human would seek leadership from a higher power.

Now if a human thinks they are the final authority... I guess they do not need a higher power.

Do you see the reason preachers to not teach what you call 'open-mindedness'?
    I don't think we are the final authority, humans are the lowest authority. IMO we receive guidance from many higher sources - our spiritual self, our guardian angels, deceased loved ones, angels in general, arch-angels, Jesus, and probably straight from the God Source Itself.

IMO, in order to be an atheist you would have to believe that all those realms do not exist, even though there is far more evidence that they do.

According to men who never heard those words from Jesus' mouth. Actually, the authors never heard anything from Jesus' mouth or even laid eyes on Him.
    You might want to do some research on that statement Brian... You are running against literally thousands of folks who spent their lives studying things Biblical... Are you smarter than all of them?

I don't think we are the final authority, humans are the lowest authority. IMO we receive guidance from many higher sources - our spiritual self, our guardian angels, deceased loved ones, angels in general, arch-angels, Jesus, and probably straight from the God Source Itself.

IMO, in order to be an atheist you would have to believe that all those realms do not exist, even though there is far more evidence that they do.
    So can we assume you DO believe in a higher power than mankind?
    GA-HVAC-Tech

Romans Ch's 5-6-7-8

Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ... 2567891011121314 LastLast