Thread: scary scary.

scary scary.

Watch this, and think about what it implies......

That the FBI could call up a conversation I have with my wife and learn when our date night is and what position I prefer first?

one nine eight four.
    Behind the ostensible government sits enthroned an invisible government owing no allegiance and acknowledging no responsibility to the people.

Theodore Roosevelt

While I wouldnt doubt that they have the capability to listen in and record phone conversations in this age...... they are using the very technology that we as citizens demand they use......

But... I doubt they have a recording of tamerlan and his wifes convo unless he was on some sort of record his calls list and I doubt that they just randomly can pick any of us out from a list and listen to recordings of our convos.

Think about the space that would require for them to be able to record and store every phone conversation made in the US.

I think they guy in this news story is just blowing smoke.....probably coming out with a book or something.... trying to generate himself some notoriety or something.

Tamerlans wife has probably already told them what went on in the conversation...... and thats probably all they will have to go on.... Unless of course he was on some list where they were recording and storing his phone conversations.

They got the Jokers computer though.... sure that will give them plenty of info to go thru.
    YOU SHALL REAP WHAT YOU HAVE _______ SOWN

I had seen a documentary about the NSA and how it has a computer program that "listens in" on every phone conversation and records and flags them for later review by a person if they contain certain key words, so if they did discuss anything incriminating it is very possible that their conversation is sitting in a hard drive somewhere. Supposedly the same holds true for emails and text messages.

http://video.pbs.org/video/1051968443/
    "If you've eliminated all other possibilities whatever remains must be the truth."

yes jmsmars..... I think Ive heard that too.... flagging..... looking for words like bomb or device or whatever......

Anyhow... americans have demanded that technology keep on increasing at an astronomical pace and this is where it has gotten us.....lol

Of course... americans ... even outraged at the thought of the government having this capability will not give up their phones etc..... they cannot stop blabbing about nothing all day...

Quote Originally Posted by Elfshadow View Post

Watch this, and think about what it implies......

Was the phone an Obamaphone?
    "You boys are really making this thing harder than it has to be". Me

"Who ARE you people? And WHAT are you doing in my SWAMP!?" Shrek

Service calls submitted after 3PM will be posted the next business day.

I give free estimates [Wild Ass Guesses] over the phone.

"I am sorry for interrupting, please continue with your quarreling" Some chick on TV

Quote Originally Posted by jmsmars1 View Post
    I had seen a documentary about the NSA and how it has a computer program that "listens in" on every phone conversation and records and flags them for later review by a person if they contain certain key words, so if they did discuss anything incriminating it is very possible that their conversation is sitting in a hard drive somewhere. Supposedly the same holds true for emails and text messages.

http://video.pbs.org/video/1051968443/
    I've seen the same articles. A good friend of mine confirms the technology.

Po folks more inclined to be involved in criminal acts.... at least the criminal acts that actually get prosecuted...... so giving them phones makes perfect sense.