Thread: hoshizaki

hoshizaki

I need help. I am working on a km-1600MRE3.

A bit more info would help

Sounds like a bad float.

Could be the water inlet valve.

Ok the system has been down for quite some time. I replaced the board and the float. Cranked the system up and it is making ice but the cubes are small. It seems there is too much water after the harvest.

Small ice cubes? Use smaller cups
    Officially, Down for the count

YOU HAVE TO GET OFF YOUR ASS TO GET ON YOUR FEET

I know enough to know, I don't know enough
    Liberalism-Ideas so good they mandate them

Quote Originally Posted by offroadman75 View Post
    I need help. I am working on a km-1600MRE3.
    what was the problem?

The most common problems for older hoshi's are plastic teeth in water pump out valve (3 screws triangle) left of float. Float switch full of debris. Water dist tubes dirty. condenser dirty.water fill solinoid,

Quote Originally Posted by Grayline View Post
    The most common problems for older hoshi's are plastic teeth in water pump out valve (3 screws triangle) left of float. Float switch full of debris. Water dist tubes dirty. condenser dirty.water fill solinoid,
    Ditto. Probably got holes in the grate below the evap plate. That's the "teeth" mentioned that broke off the grate. If so, replace the grate with a new one once you're done.

Anyway, for now - remove that grate and check for anything in the reservoir that can get sucked up by the pump. Drain the reservoir.

Remove the check valve (that triangle with 3 screws), then clean it. Also clean the float switch. Reassemble.

All will be good then. Make some ice.

...the cubes are small. It seems there is too much water after the harvest.
    Did you mean "too much water at the beginning of harvest?" Water refills DURING harvest, so reservoir SHOULD be full at the end of harvest cycle.

Make sure the float switch is properly positioned, which usually as low as it will go. The float switch determines the cube size.

Ok the system has been down for quite some time. I replaced the board and the float. Cranked the system up and it is making ice but the cubes are small. It seems there is too much water after the harvest.

Are you watching the harvest cycle? Is the water being pumped across the evaporator plates? Have you watched enough of these ice machines to know if you see enough volume being pumped or the pump shuting off to early? As has been mentioned, sort of, the pump not throwing enough water up across the plates is noticeibly more common.

There could be several issues happening.. like, low charge, plates seperated, water slowly draining passed dump valve, water float set too low. Are there any cubes a good size?