+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Lean on me

Post Likes

Lean on me

Ran into this last year. Wish i took finished product pictures

Post Likes
    did the stand give up?
    It`s better to be silent and thought the fool; than speak and remove all doubt.

Post Likes
    Ya the two boards holding the deck on top fell off. the nails rusted out. and luckily the units supported each other for a couple weeks.

This is a weekly vacation rental house so we couldn't just shut it down when they are paying 2k+ per week to rent it. and we had to pump them down remove them and put them back on the stand so it was a decent amount of work. So we wanted to make sure they would pay it so we had to get it okayed first.

Post Likes
    When garbage condensers are in love, who are we to get in the way?
    Every customer you take for granted today will be someone else's tomorrow.

Post Likes

Rusty...

Looks like a coastal area. Massive amounts of corrosion going on there. If they are charging 2K/wk to rent the place, they should be able to afford a new condensing unit. Looks like it is about to fall apart.

CT

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by nsula_country View Post
    Looks like a coastal area. Massive amounts of corrosion going on there. If they are charging 2K/wk to rent the place, they should be able to afford a new condensing unit. Looks like it is about to fall apart.

CT
    Hell usually the panels rust out before the unit is. And usually most owners whine and cry about spending money so we just fix it to get by. And replace it if it is something major. Hell we service some units that you cannot check on high tide because you would be standing in water. I dont care what it is it will not hold up.(Trane coils seem to hold up a little longer but is it worth the added expense) So might as well patch what you got till it becomes a habitual breakdown system.

Hell there is one house we do work on rents for 10k+ a week in the summer. May only rent out 3-4 times a year but even they dont want to spend any money. Taxes on waterfront houses are crazy.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in