Looking into the Union

I am a seasoned Tech. Where do I start. I have looked there are not any "service tech" union. I do not want to be a plumber. So the pipefitters union seems to be out. Unless I a missing something.

Quote Originally Posted by midwesthvactech View Post
    I am a seasoned Tech. Where do I start. I have looked there are not any "service tech" union. I do not want to be a plumber. So the pipefitters union seems to be out. Unless I a missing something.
    We service techs dont have a union of our own, we must tag along with the plumbers and fitters. Here a link to local 441 in Kansas http://www.ua441.org/ , call them, they'll tell you where to go.
    Its very hard to get into the union, dont give up if they wont take you the first time you apply, keep calling and bugging them till they find you a job, you could also get a list of all the union HVAC contractor in your area and send them your resume.
    At least up here in NY we are very busy, is a good time to get in. good luck!

If your a seasoned tech, apply at union shops and ask about sponsoring you. There may or may not be a probationary period. Take a test, pay your initiation, and your in. Pipefitters, steamfitters, and tin knockers shops would be where to start.
    Officially, Down for the count

YOU HAVE TO GET OFF YOUR ASS TO GET ON YOUR FEET

I know enough to know, I don't know enough
    Liberalism-Ideas so good they mandate them

Thanks for the advice!

Here is the link to the Sheet metal workers union in your area. They also do service work. http://www.sheetmetal2jatc.org/