Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Anyone try white vinegar?

Quote Originally Posted by primmers View Post
    itsiceman, are you talking about the manotowoc cleaner?? i buy the stuff in gallon jugs, and use it straight and mixed..

What about nickel safe ice machine cleaner?

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

And lime solvent for the compressor area where that white crud forms. Oh and a gasket scraper when it softens up.

I'm under the impression that anything harsher than ice machine cleaner harms the nickel plating..[/QUOTE]

as am I. I've cleaned a lot of machines, used a lot of cleaner, a toothbrush, towel, a toilet bowl brush for the bin is about as "harsh" as i ever felt "save" using. I have cleaned, run the cleaning cycle multiple times, even soaked it overnight. But I would not feel good using anything but the approved cleaner and sanitizer. I am a HUGE fan of water filtraton/treatment.

Yep the way the formula is now works about as good as Lime a way IMO
    Years ago it wasn't that great.
    Has your jug been around on the shelf a while?
    If some has been in my truck a while it seems less green. Maybe there is a shelf life or something.

Oops should have quoted
    That was for Primmers

i go through a gallon of manotowoc ice machine cleaner about every 6 months so its not old..
    Let's give nukes a chance.

I meant to say clean the non ice and water areas with the lime solvent. And nickel safe for the ice production areas.

that i haven't done phxhvac, but will the next cleaning..
    Let's give nukes a chance.

On the really tough ones I spray a solution of 75% CLR and water let sit for 45 min, and GONE.... go over scaly portions and brush With a quickie brush from HD one I designate strictly for ice machines then soak parts in bucket of same then run everything thru dish machine while hosing and brushing evaps. I even open up shaver head and pour thru top and let sit. Just make sure you get it all out...
    CLR has some of the same chemical as nickel safe but nickel safe has a non foaming agent CLR does not. But what I did find in a manitowoc it foams up nicely and just sits on the scale...

Thought about CLR, but haven't tried it yet. White vinegar is food safe and seems to go after calcium and lime. Just wondering if any one else uses it.

Quote Originally Posted by Grayline View Post
    On the really tough ones I spray a solution of 75% CLR and water let sit for 45 min, and GONE.... go over scaly portions and brush With a quickie brush from HD one I designate strictly for ice machines then soak parts in bucket of same then run everything thru dish machine while hosing and brushing evaps. I even open up shaver head and pour thru top and let sit. Just make sure you get it all out...
    CLR has some of the same chemical as nickel safe but nickel safe has a non foaming agent CLR does not. But what I did find in a manitowoc it foams up nicely and just sits on the scale...

Quote Originally Posted by itsiceman View Post
    If some has been in my truck a while it seems less green. Maybe there is a shelf life or something.
    I think there is some truth to this. What my ABCO guy says is that Nu-Calgon comes in and changes out the product from time to time. If you notice, the caps may be a different color from bottle to bottle, that's how they track how long they've been on the shelf. That's makes me think that it does break down over time.
    Every customer you take for granted today will be someone else's tomorrow.

We get the small bottles

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast