Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Quote Originally Posted by jtrammel View Post
    Cleaning your hoses with alcohol and getting out a mirror to blow against, how long does it take you to do an install. I'm all for using good practices and make a point to do them but around here my customers or boss aren't gonna let me spend 3 days on a simple changeout.
    No, you only do it once with each new bottle of CO2. You don't test it every job.

Here is what I would like.....
    dry co2 in a aluminum cylinder

Quote Originally Posted by VTP99 View Post
    Here is what I would like.....
    dry co2 in a aluminum cylinder
    that's what we use.

Quote Originally Posted by hvac5646 View Post
    Jeez... do I have to spell it out for you step by step?

Of course the hose is clean and is re-cleaned after after each test. According to mfg specs it is cleaned with isopropyl alcohol. And the test hose is dedicated.

We clear now Mizer Johnson, boss?
    Condescension doesn't become you, clover.

CO2 is charged as a braze purge in gas state, not a liquid. Plenty of ways to take what you say on condensation.Care to expand?

On the CO2 molecular weight being lower than nitrogen...that is a plus because the CO2 will show smaller leaks than nitro will.

Quote Unless of course CO2 is indeed the refrigerant being used... Then of course the action changes. Nitrogen also does not convert as much as carbon dioxide does when brazing temperatures are realized. If you really want to get trick, use argon. End quote

Co2 is the end of the combustion process...it cant "convert" as you put it at brazing temps.
    Not going to get into a pissing for distance contest with you, never said you can't use it, quite the contrary.

However, if not done properly, will chill the piping and cause a ton of condensation to from inside the pipe.

Nitrogen is pretty much idiot proof (until a better idiot shows up to the job site).

The "convert" I was referring to is the potential of flash steam when the potentially liquid Co2 hits the warm temps.. Not anything else.

If the technician were to overfeed the Co2 is when things will happen in negative manner... Stupid is as stupid does.

GT
    If a day goes by and you have learned nothing, I hope you got a lot of sleep.

Think your looking for "research grade" nitrogen. It comes in a aqua blue cylinder, pharmaceutical and biotech companies use it. but its a bit more expensive.

Quote Originally Posted by n-e-w Jerz! View Post
    Think your looking for "research grade" nitrogen. It comes in a aqua blue cylinder, pharmaceutical and biotech companies use it. but its a bit more expensive.
    Our fifty lb tank is aqua-blue, now that you mention it.

Cost us fifty-six buck to fill it. We still have about a 1/4 tank left from our initial purchase last year.

Our fifty lb tank is aqua-blue, now that you mention it.

Cost us fifty-six buck to fill it. We still have about a 1/4 tank left from our initial purchase last year.
    It should be labeled as such. But I don't remember if it actually says "research" on said label....

Quote Originally Posted by n-e-w Jerz! View Post
    It should be labeled as such. But I don't remember if it actually says "research" on said label....
    Ours just say Co2 followed by some standards.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123