Canadian Terrorists.

The RCMP arrested two Muslim men planing on blowing up a passenger train directed by al-Qaida. The one told the court, well I will let you hear his words.

TORONTO -- A man charged in an alleged al-Qaida-directed plot to attack a Via Rail passenger train suggested in court Wednesday he doesn't recognize the authority of the Criminal Code because it is "not a holy book."

Chiheb Esseghaier, 30, of Montreal, asked to address the Toronto courtroom after the five terrorism charges against him were read out.

They are based on the Criminal Code and "we know that this Criminal Code is not a holy book," Esseghaier said.

"It's just written by a set of creations and the creations, they're not perfect because only the creator is perfect."

As a result, he said, the "conclusions taken out from these judgments" are unreliable.
    http://www.winnipegfreepress.com/can...204629501.html

Seems there were danger signs in the past.

Muhammad Robert Heft, a Muslim community leader who provides de-radicalization counselling to youth, said he met Jaser's father, Mohammad Jaser, when he was renting Heft's basement apartment in 2009.

"He came to me two or three times between 2010-2011 just saying his son was a little overzealous and coming across a little bit too rigid or self-righteous and wanted him to tone it down a bit," Heft told The Canadian Press. He never got an opportunity to talk to Raed Jaser.

Heft, who also runs an organization that provides outreach to Islamic converts, said he gets such requests from family members, community members and even police officers to talk to certain youth.

"Sometimes they get swept up by these charming people from the Internet and step by step brought into and manipulated into a do-it-yourself version of Islam," he said.

"What we try to do is put doubt in their mind about their understanding being the ultimate understanding."
    Not sure how well it works though.

Heft was appointed by a judge to counsel Steven Chand, one of the members of the so-called Toronto 18 terrorist group. Chand seemed receptive to the counselling while in custody, but Heft said he hasn't heard from him since he was released.

"Rest assured, we're trying our best," Heft said. "We have our idiots like every community and we're working on it."
    Never argue with a fool, onlookers may not be able to tell the difference. —Mark Twain

OK, how about an American connection.

An al-Qaeda-linked plot to derail a VIA Rail passenger train on the New York-to-Toronto route was disrupted by police Monday, when two foreign nationals were arrested following an eight-month counter-terrorism investigation that was aided by members of Canada’s Muslim community.

The attackers had allegedly received what police called “direction and guidance” from the core of al-Qaeda, operating out of Iran, where some members of Osama bin Laden’s terrorist group have operated since fleeing Afghanistan. There was no evidence the plot was sponsored by the Iranian regime. The RCMP said the plot was in the planning stages but not imminent.

http://news.nationalpost.com/2013/04...qaeda-in-iran/
    Never argue with a fool, onlookers may not be able to tell the difference. —Mark Twain

Quote Originally Posted by printer2 View Post
    OK, how about an American connection.

http://news.nationalpost.com/2013/04...qaeda-in-iran/
    It is heartwarming to notice that Canadian immigration policies are as liberal as the USA. More muslims add to our collective diversity and multi-culturalism. And blowing sh1t up.

Good catch, Canada.
    "You boys are really making this thing harder than it has to be". Me

"Who ARE you people? And WHAT are you doing in my SWAMP!?" Shrek

Service calls submitted after 3PM will be posted the next business day.

I give free estimates [Wild Ass Guesses] over the phone.

"I am sorry for interrupting, please continue with your quarreling" Some chick on TV