Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Touch panels

Touch panels

I have a job coming up that the engineer specified he wanted a color touch screen station mounted in a mechanical room to view the Niagara system for emergency control of the system. Simple enough to find a touch screen industrial PC that has windoze on it and a web browser. The difficult thing I am finding out is that he calls out for the HMI to have dual network adapters. So far I've only found one place I can get one with the dual NIC's, but I'm starting to think that the dual adapters are made of gold and diamonds for the price.

Anyone have any suggestions on suppliers?

What is the intended function of the second NIC? Redundancy?

I'm with DDC_Dan....WTH? Was the Engineer confused and meant to put the dual NIC on the JACE?
    Don't worry zombies are looking for brains, you're safe...

In the industrial automation world redundancy is a lot of times the rule of the day and budgets are much higher.

If you need a touchscreen with dual NIC's I have used these with JACE's before with no issues.

http://www.ieiworld.com/product_grou...55938027351868

Pricing varies depending on size, memory, processor etc. Most run on flash ram. I usually just have a small flash card for the OS since it is just for a web browser.

Dual network adapters are for redundancy. It's quite the project actually. It was all specified for a Niagara server, bacnet IP controllers which he was adamant about them being POE, but I was able to talk him down from that ledge when I explained that we would still need power supplies for all the peripheral devices on the AHU's. I guess some snake oil salesman really impressed him with the delta POE VAV controllers. Original scope called for everything being dual NIC's, but cost ended up driving us to use the easy-IO controllers instead of the original 47 Jaces.

Thanks controlgeek. I'll get ahold of them and see what they can work up for me. So far $4k seems to be the going price for these things which is mind boggling considering the fact I can build a mini-itx with a quad core I5 and dual nics for less than $500. Too bad I couldn't get a raspberry pi or a beagleboard with dual network adapters on it and stick it in a stainless box. On the other hand, I could get one of those and use a usb-ethernet adapter. I just don't want the liability if something were to go south.

Don't worry zombies are looking for brains, you're safe...

I know the Loytec touch screens have dual nics on their 12" and 15" screens.
    I am sure you can get them for less than $4k?!
    They are Bacnet and OPC compliant, not sure if it's what you are looking for though?

I must of gotten a hell of a deal on my touchscreens. Oh there the same as grgjohno mentioned.
    "How it can be considered "Open" is beyond me. Calling it "voyeur-ed" would be more accurate." pka LeroyMac, SkyIsBlue, fka Freddy-B, Mongo, IndyBlue
    BIG Government = More Dependents
    "Any 'standard' would be great if it didn't get bastardised by corporate self interest." MatrixTransform
    http://threedevilskennel.com/ - not my website.
    Versatile Hunting Dog Federation - www.vhdf.org/

Quote Originally Posted by crab master View Post
    I must of gotten a hell of a deal on my touchscreens. Oh there the same as grgjohno mentioned.
    I must of gotten a hell of a deal on my touchscreens also. Oh there the same as grgjohno mentioned.

Well what is this hell of a deal?!?!
    Propagating the formula. http://www.noagendashow.com/

Quote Originally Posted by orion242 View Post
    Well what is this hell of a deal?!?!
    Maybe this will help!

http://www.loytec.com/en/products/lvis-touch-panel

To be honest, I didn't realize that the L-VIS had dual network adapters. I've sold and installed a few L-INX in the past, but never had a use for the L-VIS till now. While having to build separate graphics, is a bit redundant, it fits my need and the price is right. Thanks guys!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast