Daikin Lonworks or BACnet?

I tried searching (found several posts with no replies), but does anyone have experience with the Daikin Lonworks and/or BACnet interfaces? We are potentially heading down this road on a project. We will be integrating through a AX JACE. I'm just trying to see if there has been any success or failures I need to be aware of.

Thanks!
    Don't worry zombies are looking for brains, you're safe...

I've done both - the LONworks interface was quite easy to use, and the BACnet one just a little more complicated, but not bad either; there are a couple gotchas (like enabling the Ethernet port on the BACnet interface, etc.) The success of the BACnet interface relied heavily on the ability of the factory guy to properly address and configure the various Daikin controllers, but our rep was quite knowledgeable.
    Overall,the LON integration was far more straightforward, but since the Daikin units use their local controllers almost exclusively, the level of control over the interface is not terribly extensive.

Quote Originally Posted by davem View Post
    I've done both - the LONworks interface was quite easy to use, and the BACnet one just a little more complicated, but not bad either; there are a couple gotchas (like enabling the Ethernet port on the BACnet interface, etc.) The success of the BACnet interface relied heavily on the ability of the factory guy to properly address and configure the various Daikin controllers, but our rep was quite knowledgeable.
    Overall,the LON integration was far more straightforward, but since the Daikin units use their local controllers almost exclusively, the level of control over the interface is not terribly extensive.
    That is good to hear. I realized the limitations. I know their controller would not be allowed on our network so their web access is useless to us. I was hoping to get scheduling and set point adjust control, while monitoring everything I could.

Thanks!
    Don't worry zombies are looking for brains, you're safe...