Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by exreo View Post
    Too many points covered in the article. I mostly agree with the points, and many of them are co-dependent. But if there is any solution to prevent the downfall of the USA, you have to focus on some point and some solution. The article did neither, sounded like a stoned rant. I think the economic points are more of a short-term-close danger.

Any suggestion that we "Pray ourselves out of our current problems" sounds rather foolish to me.
    "You boys are really making this thing harder than it has to be". Me

"Who ARE you people? And WHAT are you doing in my SWAMP!?" Shrek

Service calls submitted after 3PM will be posted the next business day.

I give free estimates [Wild Ass Guesses] over the phone.

"I am sorry for interrupting, please continue with your quarreling" Some chick on TV

I've never been married and I don't have any children, but I would be curious to know what some of your kids think about the future? Do any of you have 20-something kids? What do they think the future holds? For instance, I wonder if they think social security will be there for them when they turn 65. Do any of your kids have trouble finding work?

Quote Originally Posted by exreo View Post
    I've never been married and I don't have any children, but I would be curious to know what some of your kids think about the future? Do any of you have 20-something kids? What do they think the future holds? For instance, I wonder if they think social security will be there for them when they turn 65. Do any of your kids have trouble finding work?
    My kid lives outside Dallas, Tx WITH HIS MOTHER, he's 27. (by the time I was 27 I was on my own for 9 years and already had 4 or 5 jobs) He WAS working for American Airlines in "aircraft maintenance" (he literally washed the planes~~~which you have to be certified for)

But they laid him off when they merged. He is going to get rehired soon, he just went through all the background checks (state, FBI and FAA ) but they are taking there time and he may have to move back to LA, Ca. Which is what he wants because he's really a surf bum.

He has no illusion about what he will be facing, but like so many young people him and his friends are ignoring the problem. You can talk til your blue in the face but until they live through a 'melt down' they won't understand it. Most of his friends have fairly rich parents and seem to be insulated from the impending problems.

Hey, he's old enough to know better. I tried to explain whats coming, but he would rather play with his iPad and talk on his cell phone and go 4-wheeling.
    The Last four letters

American = I Can, Republican = I Can, Democrats = Rats

any questions

Quote Originally Posted by jmac00 View Post
    My kid lives outside Dallas, Tx WITH HIS MOTHER, he's 27. (by the time I was 27 I was on my own for 9 years and already had 4 or 5 jobs) He WAS working for American Airlines in "aircraft maintenance" (he literally washed the planes~~~which you have to be certified for)

But they laid him off when they merged. He is going to get rehired soon, he just went through all the background checks (state, FBI and FAA ) but they are taking there time and he may have to move back to LA, Ca. Which is what he wants because he's really a surf bum.

He has no illusion about what he will be facing, but like so many young people him and his friends are ignoring the problem. You can talk til your blue in the face but until they live through a 'melt down' they won't understand it. Most of his friends have fairly rich parents and seem to be insulated from the impending problems.

Hey, he's old enough to know better. I tried to explain whats coming, but he would rather play with his iPad and talk on his cell phone and go 4-wheeling.
    I remember when I worked in Aviation maintenance... One had to go through 18 mos of school (2200 classroom hours) and pass 3 tests and two 'practicals' (observed performing a procedure). Then if you are lucky (there are lots of applicants and few jobs), you get to start out emptying the honey-bucket (restroom holding tank) and washing airplanes. The ones who show incentive and works HARD gets to advance. For me, it was a graveyard union job (neither of those are bad) and I was 'not good enough' because I was not in 'Nam (place was full of military types with attitude--not particularly folks who understand freedom and liberty though)... it was not a good fit for me.

I really think the USA needs to hit a PAINFUL bottom, enough pain that everyone short of the VERY rich hurts. Seems pain is the only thing to make folks stop and think.

I have noticed here at ARP over the last few years... there are a lot less liberals than there used to be. Given our country is in a horrible mess (IMO caused by bad govt)... logic would suggest liberals are 'learning'...
    Lessee how much POO that starts... It is Friday... this evening might be fun... <grin>
    GA-HVAC-Tech

Quality work at a fair price with excellent customer service!

Romans Ch's 5-6-7-8

2 Chronicles 7:14

I walk around a lot because I don't have a car. What I see on the streets and in public places and as I observe young people in their cars, they seem to be zombified to me. They escape into their own world via the cell phone or ipad and/or iPod. Some are jamming to the music they listen to. I don't know, but I don't think young people are not concerned about what is coming. They would probably be the first to call you a racist if you suggested too many peole from Mexico are coming here and taking jobs from 20-somethings.

Quote Originally Posted by ga-hvac-tech View Post
    I have noticed here at ARP over the last few years... there are a lot less liberals than there used to be.

Yes, it was your constant barrage of pass-along e-mails that caused Liberals to flee.

Most young people of today..and that means up and into their 40's in some cases...have been trained and conditoned not to think, only to respond. This has been done by their parents who supplied them everything and made excuses for them; then into the public school sector where they were taught they could do no wrong and were the smartest, brightess child in the whole world; and then totally ruined when pushed into a place called college where most any analytical thinking that they might have had was completed pushed out of them so they could absorb into the smartness of their professors.

Needless to say this is not true across the board. There are a ton of self reliant, self thinking "kids" out there but they are swimming upstream in their lives.

The "kids" today don't invent systems for progress and bettering the human spirit. They just fit into an existing one build around controlling them by continuing to give them the lazy things in life....much like a parent sticks a cookie into the mouth of a crying child. Just keep them quiet and get them to do what you want them to do in place of dealing with real life situations.
    "The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers it can bribe the public with the public's own money.
    - Alexis de Toqueville, 1835

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12