Post Likes

Trane Chiller BACnet interface Card??

I have a older 99 model year Trane air cooled chiller that has the Human interface display. Customer want to extract the data from the chillers human interface and they want it in BACnet. Can anyone please tell me what Trane part number it is if they have done this before is the board?. I have installed the Modbus cards but not the BACnet yet.
    Trane chiller model is CGAFC604ACA1000DFOHOONOOOTOWOO. Any help or recommendations would be appreciated. thanks in advance

Post Likes
    what panel is on that chiller? I'm not sure there is a BACnet retrofit available for chillers that old.
    Saving the world...one service call at a time.

Post Likes
    That should have the two line of text screen, with push buttons below, on it. Similar, but not quite the same as, the UCP2 panel that was used on larger chillers.

I'm not a controls guy, but a LonTalk module is (or was?) available from Trane. I don't know it that helps...

Also available is a "Generic BAS Module".

And, of course, the "Tracer Interface Module".

Post Likes
    Thank you guys for the response. Yes its older but the controller is still made I believe and used like on the Intellipaks. The schematic shows it called a Human Interface, there was a number on the bottom corner on the control it said 6400-1023-01? Not sure if that helps or not. It does have the two lines of text. You can scroll through and see diagnostics, etc its the one that when you clear the alarm you hit -++..
    I have other chillers that have the same controller on it. I was made I think or still is at least on the Intellipaks. I have done a Modbus on a Voyager RTU and but really hoping for BACnet or I will look into this BAS module you list. Thanks for info.

Post Likes
    The older CGAF is referred to as the "Intellipak" chiller since it uses the same UI. You can get a Lon card but not BACnet for that model of chiller. The BCI-C BACnet interface is only for the newer CH530 platform (Adaptive Control Panel).

Post Likes
    Roadgear thanks for that info. I would install the Lon card. Do happen to know the trane part number for that Lon card?
    I am not getting much help in finding info from my local office. Thank again for the response back.

Post Likes
    I have had a similar issue in the past, so make sure you verify ..... The older HMI panels may not work with a LCI/BCI. If they are that old you may need to also replace the HMI panel so a LCI/BCI will work. This is an expensive extra cost so include it in your price from the beginning.

1999 should be a after the HMI replacement, if you post the serial number of the unit I can look it up and see what options were available based in the original equipment.

Which front-end are you attempting to integrate the chiller into?
    Quote Originally Posted by Qui-Gon Jinn (Star Wars Episode 1)
    "The ablilty to speak does not make you intelligent!"

Post Likes
    If you've already got a Modbus card you could use a Babble Buster to convert it to BACnet MSTP. We recently used this setup on some PK Boilers. http://www.csimn.com/CSI_pages/BB2-3010.html

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten". --Benjamin Franklin