Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    I have used the 116 too but I hate having to use the adapter with the pipe clamp.I have had 2 to pull apart when I went to take the clamp out of my meter.I do try to take care of my equipment.Have you ever had this happen?

I have an ssx34 by fieldpiece. It was 250 when I purchased it 2 years ago. Now was it worth it. Still not sure. There's nothing it does that I wasent doing with my gagues and a thermometer and tape. It does make things a bit quicker and some what more convenient but the price tag is a little high for this minimal convenience. Put it this way, the batteries died last month and I haven't changed them.

Mn the state where absolutey nothing is allowed

fluke 116

have a care using a fluke 116 for temperature. even fluke admidts its only good for general measurements.

the internal reference thermocouple is buired in what fluke cals a thermo-isolation block to stabilize the readings against the meter body temp changing. but that same thermo-isolation block greatly slows the temp stabilazation when you need it. it also has no emf shielding .

the reality is the meter body, the thermocouple and that stupid adaptor all need to be at the exact same temperature or else the reading is inaccurate.

you really need a meter that is designed as a thermometer such as a fluke 52/54 series or a cooper that uses thermisters for an even more accurat albeit slower response. the top 3 DRSA manufactures employ decent thermometer technology
    my boss thinks its possible to repeal the laws of physics

I don't see the purpose of a stand alone SH/SC calculator. I'd save the money and do it manually or throw a little extra with it and get a drsa that will do that and more.

Quote Originally Posted by jtrammel View Post
    I don't see the purpose of a stand alone SH/SC calculator. I'd save the money and do it manually or throw a little extra with it and get a drsa that will do that and more.
    x2

I had one when I first started and it was very helpful. Ended up giving mine away to one of the new guys now that I have the formula, I don't really need it anymore.

I use the thermocouple that came with my uei meter and a $1 clamp from Harbor Fright.

I think there is an app for that.

A One dollar clamp? You must mean one of those plastic clamps to hold the thermister lol.

I have UEI, and they work great. I did buy 2 fluke thermister clamps on ebay though. Works great when working on 2 evaps at the same time

I believe You might be on to something.With the bead you're getting a pin point reading and the clamp would insulate it.I have been thinking about this ever sense I read it and I am definitely going to try it.Some people are always thinking! What type of clamp do you use?A bar type or squeeze type?

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123