+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Sc56?

Post Likes

Sc56?

I've been using a uei meter for a little over a year now ,and it's been a pretty good meter considering what I paid for it.however recently I've found out its just not sensative,accurate, or quick enough for certain jobs. Example on a grounded compressor I've got A 50/50 chance of it giving me a good reading to ground.on a locked up compressor it will never show Lra before the compressor goes out on overload or trips the breaker. I've been looking at fieldpiece sc56 because I like the inrush feature and the dual display,but what are your guys experience with it? Is it quick enough and sensative enough to give me accurate readings in the examples above?
    Any feedback is much appreciated, I just don't want to spend more money and still have the same problems.

Post Likes
    My UEi does better when you select a range manually for LRA auto is too slow and trouble with ohms was always solved with fresh batteries. HTH

Post Likes
    The SC56 is a very good meter. Keep in mind that it will not read above 600v ( if that is a problem for you ) .

The inrush feature has worked flawlessly for me.

Post Likes
    love mine.....but yeah, the autorange feature will slow any good readings.....even on the 56.

Post Likes
    Love my sc56. I had a problem with the leads after a week of owning them. I called them directly and they shipped me a new set. I still think I will buy some better quality leads though. I dont think youll be disappointed.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

Post Likes
    Yep sc56 has been great... It got even better though when I bought some longer better test leads for it.

Only thing I wish it had was a magnet... And maybe a min max amp recording.

Post Likes
    Min max amp would be fantastic.

Also bought some fluke lead combos for it.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Dchappa21 View Post
    Yep sc56 has been great... It got even better though when I bought some longer better test leads for it.

Only thing I wish it had was a magnet... And maybe a min max amp recording.
    A magnet would be a nice feature! It sux to have a nice Fieldpiece meter and have to buy Fluke leads. Fieldpiece needs to step it up on the leads imo.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

Post Likes
    finally found a downside with my 56 today. had to connect the anamometer head using the leads....and the readings were severely lagging from real time. it took a LONG time for the reading to rise and fall. I could actually stop the prop from spinning and it would take 30-60 seconds for the reading to fall.

I've never tried to use a head with it before......BUT, that's not why I bought it, so still happy overall.

Post Likes
    I got just got the fieldpiece sc 56 today to replace my unreliable uei 379. I have to say it is me bad@$$ meter. Very fast, inrush is great and actually feels well made. The only complaint I have is there is not storage spot on the meter for your leads and I got really used to having a magnet on the back of the uei that I wish the sc56 had one.

Post Likes
    Boss says FP told him the lead lengths are short to reduce impedance.

Try comparing you reading with the Fluke leads and the FP leads and see if they are different.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in