+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Anyone worked on Clienbell Ice?

Post Likes

Anyone worked on Clienbell Ice?

I've been looking for a conversion chart from R-502 to R-404 for a Cleinbell ice unit it is TXV fed with an oversized receiver common with old 502 systems but we repaired a leak in the evap and want to change to R-404. After changing the oil in the system we tried R-507 but could not get the superheat to cooperate. It would freeze but not efficiently. Added an hour to Block time.

Anyone converted a system like this? Any info would help...

Post Likes
    Why not just use 408A. I have done it lots of times to 502 systems with no problems whatsoever.

Post Likes
    Thats a good thought Ill look at the temperature Glide and see but Shoot R-408 is more than R-404.. Correct?

Post Likes
    Yes, it is probably about double the cost. But, it is a designated replacement for R502 and will work with no issues in almost every situation. The customer pays for the refrigerant anyway.

Post Likes

R-502 Substitutes

R-408 A can be used, but I have found it to be a quirky gas with higher head pressure.
    Some of the old school I worked with in SC were using HP80 which is more expensive but a superior drop in in our experience.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by StarCat View Post
    R-408 A can be used, but I have found it to be a quirky gas with higher head pressure.
    Some of the old school I worked with in SC were using HP80 which is more expensive but a superior drop in in our experience.
    For ice machines HP81 ( R-402B ) is a better drop in.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in