Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    You can always replace a cap tube....somehow. I don't believe a cap tube cleaner like the one described would do anything with the waxy coating that most often restricts tubes today?

Sent from my ADR6350 using Tapatalk 2

Sometimes it works. Then some times it doesn't. You can get up to 2000 lbs of pressure, so if you feel lucky.

Quote Originally Posted by MicahWes View Post
    You can always replace a cap tube....somehow. I don't believe a cap tube cleaner like the one described would do anything with the waxy coating that most often restricts tubes today?

Quote Originally Posted by MicahWes View Post

That's what the lead wire is for. It comes in various sizes for different cap tube inside diameters. The oil forces the 1/2" long piece of lead through the cap tube under 2000 psi so it scrapes away any wax.

The way I see it f all points to the cap tube replace it. By the time you cut off both ends hook the cleaner to it clear it then clean and weld it back in place.... .. you could have measured out and welded back in the new one.. why spend an extra 45 min trying to clean it?

Quote Originally Posted by Grayline View Post
    The way I see it f all points to the cap tube replace it. By the time you cut off both ends hook the cleaner to it clear it then clean and weld it back in place.... .. you could have measured out and welded back in the new one.. why spend an extra 45 min trying to clean it?
    You don't cut off the evaporator end. Only the drier end so it saves having to empty out the unit, remove the shelves, fans, shroud, t-stat etc. It just gives you another option.

turbo airs are not on my list of good manufactures....and talking to their service guy is like going to war.

and whats up with their dual cap tube assembly ??? one cap tube two different sizes...
    Let's give nukes a chance.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12