New AC System (Is this set up good)

I have a basic split foyer house and want a basic 13 seer system with a single speed furnace 80% AFUE. I have received quotes with the following equipment:

Quote 1 Equip:

RHEEM 3 ton AC (Model 13AJN36A01)
    Furnace: RGPS-07EAMER 75K BTU 80% AFUE
    Coil Model: RCFL-HM3617

Quote 2 Equip:

American Standard Gold (SI) (Allegience 13) Condensor
    3.0 Ton (Model 4A7A3036 (up to 14.5 SEER))

American Standard Silver XI (Freedom 80) Gas Furnace
    High efficiency/Single Stage/80%/63K BTU
    (Handles up to 3 tonnage)
    Model: AUD1B080A9H31B

American Standard Evap Coil to match Compressor/Furnace size (What COIL should match?)

I know this is the correct sized AC unit and I know it depends on a quality of the installer but does this equipment go well together?

Is Rheem a good brand? What about American Standard/Trane? I currently have a 20 year old trane system. My furnace is only 60K BTU. Would a 75K BTU furnace cause any problems?

Many just want to flush the lineset versus replacing. Is that OK?

Thanks In Advance

all mfgs. are good realy their pretty much the same all use the same components and such, compressors, shop contractors instead and or warranty (untill blue in the face its all in the install and service after the sale)

Quote Originally Posted by mechanical'al View Post
    all mfgs. are good realy their pretty miuch the same all use the same components and such, compressors, shop contractors instead and or warranty (untill blue in the face its all in the install and service after the sale)
    I would agree with that statement on standard efficiency equipment but when you get into the high end equipment it is not the same each manufacturer has different controls and different setups and some do work better than others

surely you likely would down size not up 25%
    as far as line flush its acceptable though the new system in my house would get a new line-set as well!
    and yes I M O Rheem is top quality equip.

Yes Brain apples are different though which is the best mfg. ???

They all have good points and bad points I prefer Lennox just because I'm so used to them but you are right anything from a major manufacturer is acceptable. Although I do push Lennox i don't bash other brands.and I totally agree with you that no matter what kind of equipment it it is if it is not installed and set up correctly you are gonna have problems with it.

Thanks

I know many installers have their brand of equipment. Doesn't Trane/American Standard use aluminum coils. Are those better? Someone told me that the quality of the Trane/American Standard units has gone down over the years but I am not sure if that is true or not.

aluminum over copper hopefully
    Though not sure other mfg. have in the past made that switch (all aluminum coils) to then return back to al. over copper

Yes trane does use aluminum coils and they are better in corrosive environments or coastal areas where copper tends to corrode

Thanks for all the Info:

I think I am going to go with this American Standard System. (Please let me know if this is a good system) - Please let me know if all the parts are compatible with each other. The coil referenced is suppose to make the system closer to 14 seer.

American Standard Gold (SI) (Allegience 13) Condensor
    3.0 Ton (Model 4A7A3036 (up to 14.5 SEER))

American Standard Silver XI (Freedom 80) Gas Furnace
    High efficiency/Single Stage/80%/63K BTU
    (Handles up to 3 tonnage)
    Model: AUD1B080A9H31B

American Standard Evap Coil to match Compressor/Furnace size Model: 4TXCB048BC3HCA

American Standard PerfectFit Air Cleaner 5" Filter

New lineset if needed 3/4" suction Line/3/8 liquid line

New Programmable Thermostat to work with new system ACONT803

Install new Condensate Pump for new AC (Since we are below grade) : Little Giant with shut off float

Thanks for any input