Hello, new homeowner from MA

Hello, new homeowner from MA

Hello, I'm a database developer and I'm buying a old home in Arlington MA. I've been doing a lot of research, but would very much appreciate some advice and second opinions to help me make the right choices.

My opinion, don't move to Arlington.

I see the smiley face, but I think I'm missing the joke. Is there something wrong with Arlington?

No, It's just that your original question was too open, with no specifics, but Arlington is a good town with good public schools also, I'm not far from you, if you have some particular hvac questions I'd be more than happy to help.

This forum has a warning in bright red all caps saying not to post questions, so I thought it was only for introducing yourself. I did wind up making a post in the AOP Residential section, got a lot of good info and ideas to check out already. But, I'd certainly appreciate your input too. Glad to hear buying a house in Arlington wasn't a big mistake! haha.

Hey Rekonn, sorry for being a wiseass, I'm on my smartphone using tapatalk, and have it set on newest Post, so I don't see what forum I'm on.
    I saw your questions and the responses, your budget is the determining factor on which way you go of course, I'm a local guy, but I'm commercial and large residential, but I can give you more localized advice that might be a little more helpful.
    Good luck with your new home.
    Monty

Gotcha, makes sense, no prob. Agreed on budget, and I'll have a better idea of the way to go once I get the heat loss calculation too. Would you have any recommendations for (small/medium? size) residential? Also, if you know who I should stay away from, that would be really helpful too. Not sure if this forum has private messages which may be more appropriate for that info.