Thread: Infinity stat and weather problem?

Post Likes

Infinity stat and weather problem?

im reading this site and you guys look so helpful maybe you can help me.i just hooked up my infinity touch thermostat thru my wireless router (not the one with the unit) and is seams to be working great except that when i pull up the weather it does not give me the outside temp. there is just two lines.it gives me the 5 day and i have the right zip code entered. anybody have any idea? thanks john

Post Likes

My Infinity Touch Control Router Settings

The settings need to be changed to use the web to get your local weather. I'm pretty sure this needs to be changed in the service/installers settings. Call a professional for this. Adjusting the service/installers settings without training can cause damage to your system.

Right now, it is trying to sense the OD temp via a temp thermistor @ the condenser. I'm guessing your system doesn't have a thermistor or it is faulty.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Brent Ridley View Post
    The settings need to be changed to use the web to get your local weather. I'm pretty sure this needs to be changed in the service/installers settings. Call a professional for this. Adjusting the service/installers settings without training can cause damage to your system.

Right now, it is trying to sense the OD temp via a temp thermistor @ the condenser. I'm guessing your system doesn't have a thermistor or it is faulty.
    hi brent, thanks for the responce back. the other thermostat i had did not show the od temp so i guess i don't have a thermistor. i got the infinity touch on ebay so the settings on the touch
    is not something i can do?

Post Likes
    Started a new thread.

Post Likes
    hi Brent, one more question for ya.what version software is the lastest for the infinity touch and can it be downloaded somewhere? thanks john

Post Likes

Infinity stat and weather problem?

Quote Originally Posted by njjohn65 View Post
    hi Brent, one more question for ya.what version software is the lastest for the infinity touch and can it be downloaded somewhere? thanks john
    Version 7 is current.

Version 8 will be out on May 6th.

You can update the controller yourself if you're little bit tech savvy. There a specific link you need to download it. I don't have it at the moment. I will try to look it up.

Post Likes
    if you can find that link Brent that would be great. thanks for all you help! john

Post Likes
    just curios, what heat pump and air handler is this being used with?

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in