Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by primmers View Post
    why are 4% of the population taking up so much air time?? i don't get it.
    More like 2% there primmer, other than that I agree. Thank you very much

Quote Originally Posted by geerair View Post
    Because we are a nation that traditionally and constitutionally rejects tyranny by the majority.

and example of that tyranny would be??
    Let's give nukes a chance.

Quote Originally Posted by glennac View Post
    More like 2% there primmer, other than that I agree. Thank you very much
    Probably because they give better arguments - they're probably more coherent - that would draw in greater media preference.

Quote Originally Posted by thermophysics View Post
    Probably because they give better arguments - they're probably more coherent - that would draw in greater media preference.
    I would have to disagree. It's because that's what "sells". They want to push and agenda and piss off the conservative right. It's a win, win for the media that way.
    Don't worry zombies are looking for brains, you're safe...

Quote Originally Posted by thermophysics View Post
    And that is PRECISELY why we need PHILOSOPHY.
    So how does the average person decide what he should believe or not believe? Should we all have a philosopher on speed dial?

Believing in God is just as presumptuous as not believing in God. A lack of irrefutable evidence is not irrefutable evidence.

Brian, if gays were "born that way" then why does it take 13-17 years for most to "come out"? Are they cicadas?

Ah coolwhip....if your boy craves ding dongs in a few years, you'll probably have a change of heart-just like that republican politician.
    KX500......the original big green meanie

Home school, we are starting next year with our three. The county we live in has a very large organization to help support home schoolers. My wife an I have both worked with people and are friends with families that home school their children. The kids generally graduate earlier, still have a ton of social interaction with their peers through church and sports, and for the most part seemed more mature. While home schooling is not an option for a lot of folks it is certainly worth a look. May be surprised how many of your neighbors do it.

Gays aren't born that way. However, I have experienced demonic spirits of homosexuality trying to gain entrance to my life. They make a person feel/believe that they are homosexual. Gays just use this as an excuse (I was born that way) to justify their behavior. Being gay is a choice. Nobody can say they were born to be a bank robber or a murderer. This is always a choice of the human will.

Quote Originally Posted by primmers View Post
    and example of that tyranny would be??
    Jim Crow laws.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeus View Post
    Home school, we are starting next year with our three. The county we live in has a very large organization to help support home schoolers. My wife an I have both worked with people and are friends with families that home school their children. The kids generally graduate earlier, still have a ton of social interaction with their peers through church and sports, and for the most part seemed more mature. While home schooling is not an option for a lot of folks it is certainly worth a look. May be surprised how many of your neighbors do it.
    Yes I know at least 3 families from my church in N. Texas that have home schooled, and their kids have turned out just fine. And, they don't feel socially deprived either. Really, their family unit is their main social unit. And they do things socially with their other home school friends and some public school friends from church.

Quote Originally Posted by jpsmith1cm View Post
    Gun control....

Good example.

A Senate majority just killed a rather sensible piece of weapon proliferation legislation.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast