Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

So my son tells me...

My boy is a 7th grade honor roll student and attends a public school. He comes home Monday and tells me that there were many kids at school today that were wearing a sign that read "silent"....and they were not speaking the entire day.

He said that kids were doing this in support of the gay, lesbian, and bi sexual think.

It sickens me to think that public schools these days condone such deviance in an institution full of children who's minds are not capable yet of fully understanding such immorality.

They should be encouraging proper moral character for a stronger future American fabric. Condoning or even promoting degenerate behavior weakens the pillars of society....which is what we are seeing today.

Its sick, twisted, and wrong...no good can come from it.
    Behind the ostensible government sits enthroned an invisible government owing no allegiance and acknowledging no responsibility to the people.

Theodore Roosevelt

Well the upside is nobody will have to listen to them and their misguided agenda!
    Don't worry zombies are looking for brains, you're safe...

Quote Originally Posted by ControlsInMT View Post
    Well the upside is nobody will have to listen to them and their misguided agenda!
    Ha!...didn't think of that.
    Behind the ostensible government sits enthroned an invisible government owing no allegiance and acknowledging no responsibility to the people.

Theodore Roosevelt

Quote Originally Posted by coolwhip View Post
    Condoning or even promoting degenerate behavior weakens the pillars of society....which is what we are seeing today.
    It is true our society is suffering moral decay but how are the gays causing it?

From how I see it, the entire gay issue comes down to whether they were born that way. Those that say it is a choice have't been around enough of them to make that statement.

God makes a lot of mistakes. We should just leave them alone as we do the others.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian GC View Post
    It is true our society is suffering moral decay but how are the gays causing it?

From how I see it, the entire gay issue comes down to whether they were born that way. Those that say it is a choice have't been around enough of them to make that statement.

God makes a lot of mistakes. We should just leave them alone as we do the others.
    You know Brian, this might be the first time I agree with you! I am more than happy to leave them alone, but I don't care to have their agenda shoved down my throat. If they leave me alone, I promise to leave them alone.
    Don't worry zombies are looking for brains, you're safe...

why are 4% of the population taking up so much air time?? i don't get it.
    Let's give nukes a chance.

I'd rather not listen to the fruitcakes anyway.
    Some kid last week was suspended from school and arrested for wearing an NRA t shirt. http://www.wowktv.com/story/22020264...er-gun-t-shirt
    Officially, Down for the count

YOU HAVE TO GET OFF YOUR ASS TO GET ON YOUR FEET

I know enough to know, I don't know enough
    Liberalism-Ideas so good they mandate them

Quote Originally Posted by coolwhip View Post
    He said that kids were doing this in support of the gay, lesbian, and bi sexual think.

It sickens me to think that public schools these days condone such deviance in an institution full of children who's minds are not capable yet of fully understanding such immorality.

They should be encouraging proper moral character for a stronger future American fabric. Condoning or even promoting degenerate behavior weakens the pillars of society....which is what we are seeing today.

Its sick, twisted, and wrong...no good can come from it.
    In a secular country arguments should not start from any prejudice or unconsidered assumption or any revealed "truths" such as religious doctrines or texts. In secular countries arguments appeal to reasonings and evidence that can be understood and assessed by all from a common framework, both the faithful and the purely moral alike.

Quote Originally Posted by thermophysics View Post
    In secular countries arguments appeal to reasonings and evidence...
    Only problem is evaluating reasoning and evidence is subjective. Those who say they do not have a predisposition are not being truthful.

Anyone who claims that the God-Force or Love exists, or does not exist, must take great license in the evidence being evaluated.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian GC View Post
    Only problem is evaluating reasoning and evidence is subjective. Those who say they do not have a predisposition are not being truthful.
    And that is PRECISELY why we need PHILOSOPHY.

Not for its precision of thought - but because it is a meta-analysis.

A scientist or a moralist will analyse scientific and moral facts and events.

A philosopher will analyse their system of analysis.

As for your "relativism" which is almost Nietzschean by intensity, he was perhaps the arch relativist, here is a philosophical treatment of relativism...

If there is no such thing as truth, or validity or justification or belief and so on, except from a given perspective, then one has to accept one of the following three assertions:

1) The claim "there is no truth except from a given standpoint" is true only from a given standpoint.
    2) Or it is self refuting in that from another equally valid stand point it is rightly judged to be false and so it is both true and false (a contradiction).
    3) Or it is a very special kind of truth in being the only one that is true from all standpoints.

Each of the alternatives above makes nonsense of the claim that there is no truth except from a given standpoint, so the relativist’s position is incoherent.

Quote Originally Posted by primmers View Post
    why are 4% of the population taking up so much air time?? i don't get it.
    Because we are a nation that traditionally and constitutionally rejects tyranny by the majority.

Quote Originally Posted by geerair View Post
    Because we are a nation that traditionally and constitutionally rejects tyranny by the majority.
    Indeed, there was a time when the likes of Copernicus and then Galileo were very much the minority.

"If all mankind minus one were of one opinion, mankind would be no more justified in silencing that one person than he, if he had the power, would be justified in silencing mankind." ~ JS Mill

He who knows only his own side of the case knows little of that. ~John Stuart Mill

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast