JC 8540 interface

does anyone Know of an interface to link other protocols to the JC 8540 FPU panels? preferably Lonworks.

The only product I have ever used is called CBAS it is made by Computrols out of New Orleans.

We did an existing system in a 28 story office building. We had 3 com bus's
    One for an existing Johnson Controls system with DSC 8500 and FPU's, One for Opto 22 and one new bus for Computrols DDC hardware.

We did another 22 story office building where they had an interface to an old Honeywell Delta system with Data Gathering Panels (DGP's).

Go to their website and check the datasheets.

http://www.computrols.com

Twisted,

Your resume sounds alot like mine. I started in the biz with Computrols when they were servicing JCI 80 & 8540 and HW Delta 1000 systems in D.C., New Orleans, and Houston. I left about a year after CBAS first came out - back then it was a board in a PC to replace those old proprietary mini-frame head ends. Learned a lot working on those systems.

Where abouts are you in New England? You wouldn't be working for an electrical contractor out of Worcester, would you?

No. I am in Hartford, CT. I do work in Worcester and all of MA. I think you are referring to the "Authorized" Computrols dealer that is based out of Worcester.

We have not signed up with them. We represent TAC. We have 2 large high rise office buildings in Hartford. I picked them up from previous property management relationships. We really only install/service Computrols in those 2buildings.

It is a decent product, but we have the TAC I/NET, TAC Vista and TAC Andover Controls Continuum product lines. Plus we recently picked up Tridium.