Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by comoutsid322 View Post
    Intermittin problems scare me.... I dont want to run into one and have my boss say "WHAT IS TAKING SO LONG" or what if i go to a service call at like 4 am, and its an intermittin problem, and i cant fix it right away?
    you will learn more from the ones you have trouble with than the ones you fix right away.

Google "The Plumbers & Steamfitters Journeymen & Apprentice Training" or better yet " www.ua.org "

There is no question or any doubt that this will provide you with the best training in the nation.
    But I am still learning and looking for a new mentor.

Quote Originally Posted by alcomech View Post
    Google "The Plumbers & Steamfitters Journeymen & Apprentice Training"
    I honestly dont want to do streamfitting.... thats not the same as hvac service is it? isnt steam fittin mostly plumbing?

I honestly dont want to do streamfitting.... thats not the same as hvac service is it? isnt steam fittin mostly plumbing?
    And i have a friend who does that, i dont have to travel do i?

You don't understand. You need to watch the video.
    You will join an HVAC program. There is NO other better training. Thats it!

I am sure that others will chime in very soon and you will here the truth soon.
    But I am still learning and looking for a new mentor.

Intermittin problems scare me.... I dont want to run into one and have my boss say "WHAT IS TAKING SO LONG" or what if i go to a service call at like 4 am, and its an intermittin problem, and i cant fix it right away?
    You're sweating the small stuff. A boss who is familiar with how the commercial setting operates doesn't have to ask those questions. I tell my boss when he starts in about how long it takes by saying "it takes what it takes to do it right". Enough times of that line and he's finally off my back.

You don't understand. You need to watch the video.
    You will join an HVAC program. There is NO other better training. Thats it!

I am sure that others will chime in very soon and you will here the truth soon.

It just says Plumbers, it doesnt say anything about hvac.... And when im doing it ill be doing HVAC service? I dont want to do it, and be stuck installing plumbing or installing hvac, i want to service...

Can i go down to the building and ask someone there?
    does it cost to do classes?

It just says Plumbers, it doesnt say anything about hvac.... And when im doing it ill be doing HVAC service? I dont want to do it, and be stuck installing plumbing or installing hvac, i want to service...
    You've got the wrong attitude... You will do what the boss says

Okay, it does have hvacr classes....
    What about after the first 5 years.... will they have job placement?

So after i am a journey man, when i complete the classes.... Will i still be working for the steamfitters union, as a service tech, and they will put me in a job doing hvac service?

Again you don't get it.

This program is only a service oriented program. It is a complete program which covers all sides and aspects of commercial / industrial systems. This will include the control and air side, refrigeration, and water side. But like most residential guys they assume that there is no plumbing or hydronics for commercial/industrial air conditioning. THEY are wrong.

You will not be learning how to bang metal there. That's SMACNA. LOL, it sounds like you will not know what that means either.

Any way wait for others to chime in and its likely that the heavy hitters will concur.
    Last edited by alcomech; 04-23-2013 at 10:35 PM.

Again you don't get it.

This program is only a service oriented program. It is a complete program which covers all sides and aspects of a commercial / industrial systems. This will include the control and air side, refrigeration, and water side. But like most residential guys they assume that there is not plumbing or hydronics for commercial/industrial air conditioning. THEY are wrong.

You will not be learning how to bang metal there. That's SMACNA. LOL, it sounds like you will not know what that means either.

Any way wait for others and its likely that the heavy hitters will concur.
    So after my appreticeship, after workin 5 years.... How does job placement work?
    And I wont have to travel at all right?
    If my ultimate goal is hvac steam fitting thats different from a plumbers steam fitting classes right?

Okay, it does have hvacr classes....
    What about after the first 5 years.... will they have job placement?

So after i am a journey man, when i complete the classes.... Will i still be working for the steamfitters union, as a service tech, and they will put me in a job doing hvac service?

Its not entirely up to you in this program. If you are not fit and don't cut the mustard you WILL be terminated. This is serious business and no children are allowed there.

If you want to be the best in the field and participate in this type of training, you will need to attend and keep your mouth shut listen and learn. They don't play. If you want to make your own agenda, then don't even consider this as an option.

However if you complete this course you will already be working with a very good mechanical contractor. After you turn out you can go any where in the nation and get a job.

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast