+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Hartford Duracool - door frame heater replacement procedure?

Poodle Head Mikey is offline Membership Chair/ARP Committee / Professional Member*
    I try to stay as far away from myself as I can.
    Post Likes

Hartford Duracool - door frame heater replacement procedure?

Hartford Duracool - OW355-2 (or something like that <g>)

How does the Duracool door frame come apart to replace the heater wire?

Does that stainless strip for the gasket seal-surface come off first?

How exactly to I get the plastic jam away from the wall panel?

And I mean in such a way that I can re-install it later. <g>
    PHM
    --------

When faced with the choice between changing one's mind, and proving that there is no need to do so, most tend to get busy on the proof.

Post Likes
    All the duracool heaters I've replaced have been just the standard heater cover. Do you have any pictures?

Poodle Head Mikey is offline Membership Chair/ARP Committee / Professional Member*
    Post Likes
    What is "the standard heater cover" ? <g>

And how do you get it off / open?

No pics yet - I meant to take my ipad but cleverly forgot to.

PHM
    -------

Quote Originally Posted by crstephens83 View Post
    All the duracool heaters I've replaced have been just the standard heater cover. Do you have any pictures?
    PHM
    --------

When faced with the choice between changing one's mind, and proving that there is no need to do so, most tend to get busy on the proof.

Post Likes
    Name:  images_SOHC_12_Drw1.gif
Views: 1092
Size:  4.3 KB

Outer channel snaps over inner channel. Gently pry up one side with a screwdriver and you can walk it off.

This is what I consider "standard." I haven't worked on your specific brand...

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by cjpwalker View Post
    Name:  images_SOHC_12_Drw1.gif
Views: 1092
Size:  4.3 KB

Outer channel snaps over inner channel. Gently pry up one side with a screwdriver and you can walk it off.

This is what I consider "standard." I haven't worked on your specific brand...
    Right on the money that is what I consider standard also. I use a metal putty knife to gently pry one end loose from top to bottom. Be very careful though the metal bends really easy. I than use metal tape to hold the heater down and carefully clip the cover back on. I use a plastic dead blow hammer and gently tap the track back on. Usually a heater replacement takes me about two to three hours

Post Likes
    I wonder if we are all talking about the same thing? This is a flush door and frame panel in the side of a walk-in freezer. There isn't anything which looks like that snap-together arrangement pictured a post or two ago. Is that used on a surface mount door assembly? Or a reach-in door maybe?
    PHM
    --------

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Poodle Head Mikey View Post
    I wonder if we are all talking about the same thing? This is a flush door and frame panel in the side of a walk-in freezer. There isn't anything which looks like that snap-together arrangement pictured a post or two ago. Is that used on a surface mount door assembly? Or a reach-in door maybe?
    take some pictures todaybecause what we are talking about is standard on most walk in freezer doors its just a metal track that the gasket sits on

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in