Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Door to Door seach in Watertown

this week it's them , next week it's you

There are only two legal ways a government agent, police officer or military person will ever enter my home. Either with a warrant from a judge specifing probable cause or if I invite them over for dinner. Not much chance on the dinner invite.

My home will be locked and I will not answer the door. Cameras will be rolling when they break down the door and I will be armed on the other side.

I have zero trust in law enforcement with the single exception of my local elected sheriff and his deputies whom I personally know. This event should have been covered all over the media and should even now be a very, very big issue. Law suits should be filed, this is a very obvious illegal operation. However, I think we are at the point that many judges will either refuse to even allow such suits to be filed or will refuse to rule properly.

Quote Originally Posted by Hugh B View Post
    There are only two legal ways a government agent, police officer or military person will ever enter my home. Either with a warrant from a judge specifing probable cause or if I invite them over for dinner. Not much chance on the dinner invite.

My home will be locked and I will not answer the door. Cameras will be rolling when they break down the door and I will be armed on the other side.

I have zero trust in law enforcement with the single exception of my local elected sheriff and his deputies whom I personally know. This event should have been covered all over the media and should even now be a very, very big issue. Law suits should be filed, this is a very obvious illegal operation. However, I think we are at the point that many judges will either refuse to even allow such suits to be filed or will refuse to rule properly.
    I am in 100% agreement, but this is what I'm thinking will happen...

A lawsuit MIGHT be filed and it will either settle or be dismissed due to "extreme need" or some other such twaddle.

Quote Originally Posted by jpsmith1cm View Post
    I am in 100% agreement, but this is what I'm thinking will happen...

A lawsuit MIGHT be filed and it will either settle or be dismissed due to "extreme need" or some other such twaddle.
    I am a police academy graduate and former reserve deputy. We were taught that their is what is called "exisgent circumstances". We were taught that for example if there is a fire in a home you can break down the door to rescue people or attempt to put out the fire. You don't go get a warrant.

Another example would be a woman in a home is screaming for help. You can enter by force because their is IMMEDIATE and OBVIOUS need, an emergency. So, there are limited circumstances for an immediate need. Entering and searching a home, every home in the neighborhood, pulling everyone out of their homes at gunpoint, making them put their hands over their heads, hurding them down the street then searching them while other officers search each home is not exisagent circumstances. This is a clear violation of the Bill of Rights.

It seems to me that every month something happens where the government (police) come up with an excuse to broaden their powers. Each time they get away with a little more we lose a little more personal security and privacy. Things are truly out of hand.

Hugh, I think you hit on their plan in #4... to condition folks to accept it.

MeThinks 'they' will go one step too far... and get a major backlash... at least I hope so. If this goes too far... we are done.
    GA-HVAC-Tech

Quality work at a fair price with excellent customer service!

Romans Ch's 5-6-7-8

2 Chronicles 7:14

My sons room mate is in the national guard. He is 28 years old and is a military policeman. I asked him if he were called up and posted on a city street or interstate and told to stop and search cars, every car at gun point if necessary, would he obey? He said he would do whatever he was ordered to do.

We have already conditioned many of our citizens to follow orders regardless of any violation of our constitutional rights.

i doubt anyone would get anywhere by trying to sue them.
    theres been cases where they've done drug raids on the wrong house, they go in and destroy everything, they don't pay for it.

with all the crap they passed under the Patriot Act and Homeland security BS, i'm sure they feel they have themselves covered by the law.

they feel they have the ability to pass whatever laws they want, the Constitution has been irrelevant since the Civil War.

even with the odd chance they would pay a lawsuit, how does that hurt them? they just pay taxpayer money, then raise the taxes next year

Quote Originally Posted by wolfstrike View Post
    i doubt anyone would get anywhere by trying to sue them.
    theres been cases where they've done drug raids on the wrong house, they go in and destroy everything, they don't pay for it.

with all the crap they passed under the Patriot Act and Homeland security BS, i'm sure they feel they have themselves covered by the law.

they feel they have the ability to pass whatever laws they want, the Constitution has been irrelevant since the Civil War.

even with the odd chance they would pay a lawsuit, how does that hurt them? they just pay taxpayer money, then raise the taxes next year
    Ok, so I wonder how it would pan out if officers broke into a home by force to perform an illegal unconstitutional search and the innocent homeowner shot and killed one or two officers while defending himself?

There were exigent circumstances involved here..... they were chasing someone and that person may have entered one of those homes....

I dont see anyone being able to sue over this. If they do then they are unamerican and support terrorism.

Homeowner shooting a cop or two in his home........ Id say the next cop or two in the door would send that homeowner straight to his maker.....lol
    May Allah Guide Us Towards The Right Path and move us towards a better understanding of Allah and Allahs Creation.

Ok, so I wonder how it would pan out if officers broke into a home by force to perform an illegal unconstitutional search and the innocent homeowner shot and killed one or two officers while defending himself?
    in the case of Ruby Ridge, when the ATF killed the wife holding her baby,
    they just said "oopsie daisey" and gave the husband 1 million or so (of tax payer money)

i'm guessing anyone who shoots at the police to protect their home, ain't gonna make it to court.

There were exigent circumstances involved here..... they were chasing someone and that person may have entered one of those homes....
    nope.
    if they see the suspect run into a home , ok.
    if they go to the mother's house and the mother says "do not enter", ok

what we're talking about is searching people's home in a 20 block radius.
    B-T-W , the second terrorist had escaped that vicinity, he wasn't even there.

i'm sure the government feels they are covered under , whatever martial law rules they've been passing lately.

there's only been a couple of stories so far, i'm sure there will be more.

it was rumored that during the New Orleans disastar they confisated guns from the homes of registered owners.
    i don't know how true it is.

Wolfie, it wasn't a "rumor" about gun confiscation in New Orleans--you can watch the videos on YouTube. No warrants, no say so, any discussion gets you slammed or cuffed and stuffed. Apparently, the Constitution was washed out with Katrina.

The government may have obscure 'laws' they feel gives them power to break and enter, I mean search homes without a warrant but we all know it is blatantly unconstitutional. The trouble is, how do you fight it? If you resist, you get indefinite gulag in one of Oby-wan's secret camps.

Want to know another way these residents got scrood by the gubberment? A lot of homes obviously took gunfire. There is bound to be a lot of damage to those homes. So, the homeowners call their insurance company and file a claim. It's supposedly against the law in most states for insurers to raise your rates after a claim but we know they all do it. Now, the adjust the claim and cut a check. You or a local handyman goes to replace a few clapboards of exterior siding. Problem is, it affects > 6 sq. ft. Neither of you is RRP certified nor have you followed all the procedures. The EPA is watching these homes so they pounce on you and fine you $25K/ day.

A bullet gut a water, gas or electrical line in a wall. The damage takes more than one year to manifest. When you discover the leak, damage, etc., the insurance company advises you it is not covered because it was not within 1yr of the date of loss.

You go to repair a few siding boards on your house. A neighbor rats you out to the Homeowners Assn. or local building dept. You get fined for not pulling a permit. You pay the fine and file the permit. They delay you >6 months then advise you they want sealed architectural drawings, a plot plan showing setbacks, and environmental impact study for paint removal and disposal. You finally get through the red tape only to find the local morons on the historical commission's architectural review board have decided in their infinite but unprofessional, unqualified wisdom that you must change the color of your house to some horrid color of their choosing. This upgrade cost is not covered by insurance so you must pay the tab.

The gunfire hits a neighbor's water pipe outside. The water sprays onto your yard at a low point where it floods into your home causing damage to you finished basement wall and floor. Your insurance company advises you it is not a covered peril because it is surface water that can only be covered by Federal Flood Insurance and you don't have that. Meanwhile, mold is growing in your basement making your home uninhabitable.

You try to sell your home but the sale is held up due to the presence of "hazardous materials" on site. You spend $20K on the permits and such for certified contractors to remove the lead bullets and dispose of them in an EPA approved facility. Then, periodic samples must be taken to ensure there was not any residual effect from the lead (copper jacketed mind you) bullets that ended up in walls.

The bullets ruined irreplaceable personal effects of yours and the gubberment tells you to shut up and be glad they caught Boris Badenough and Borat, Jr.

I read that during the Waco thing (David Koresh), the police forced the people out of their homes that lived nearby. Then the cops occupied their homes and really trashed the place including holes in the sheetrock, etc. These people were never compensated for the damage. The police have the idea they can do whatever they want to do whenever they want to do it, and you can't do a thing about it. And, the police are probably right.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast