Question; klixon switch and fan delay probe

This is a question thats been buggin me for a while so what better place to ask it...

On a danfoss controlled system the fans on a freezer evap are delayed mechanically/electrically by the klixon, yet the evap coil also has a fan delay temp probe to delay the fans by the danfoss controller. Does any one know the point to this?

Does one protect against one thing while the other allows for something else? or something? I dont understand the use of both.

Typically one is defrost terminate and the other is fan delay.

Talking

Some manufactures fit these thermostats as standard equipment to their low temperature unit coolers, I think the trend is for electronic controls.
    If the thermostats are still connected I would suggest they are there as a fail safe.
    If I was doing the install I would remove them, as the controller has temperature termination of the defrost with maximum time over-ride, drip time and temperature start for the fans.
    All this can be achieved with a paragon defrost timer at greater cost.

just my opinion

Quote Originally Posted by kiwireeferman View Post
    Some manufactures fit these thermostats as standard equipment to their low temperature unit coolers, I think the trend is for electronic controls.
    If the thermostats are still connected I would suggest they are there as a fail safe.
    If I was doing the install I would remove them, as the controller has temperature termination of the defrost with maximum time over-ride, drip time and temperature start for the fans.

just my opinion

yer thought it might be the case that they just come as standard. Ive left them in circuit in the past any ways. But using them as defrost termination aswell certainly makes sence too.

Quote Originally Posted by kiwireeferman View Post

just my opinion
    most likely logical explanation. So in essence, it is left there to confuse the heck out of everyone