COMFORTECH HOUSING AND TRAVEL INFORMATION

Name:  Comfortech2013_logo.jpg
Views: 101
Size:  23.6 KB

Comfortech 2013
    is in Philadelphia, PA from September 18 - 20. The headquarters hotel is the Philadelphia Marriott Downtown. If you are planning on attending this year (and we hope you are), you need to book your rooms as soon as possible.

Here's a link with all the housing and travel information you need to guarantee your spot at the Mechanical System Industry's largest, independent residential/light commercial contractor event.

Smile Welcome to Philadelphia!

Not sure where to post this message but I live in Downtown Philadelphia and want to extend a welcome to all that will be attending the Comfortech convention. In addition to the convention I hope you will spend some time exploring the historic area. The downtown is laid out in a grid pattern with numbered streets running North to South and named streets going East and West so it is easy to get around.

Some places many like to see is area around The Liberty Bell and Independence Hall where the Declaration of Independence was signed. My neighborhood, one block south of Independance Hall has a large collection of homes built from the 1600’s through 2012, but most are from 1600 thru 1960. The area I am referring to is between 8th st on the west and front st (or the first st by the by the Delaware river) on the east, and between Walnut street on the North and Lombard St on the south. The neighborhood also includes Washington Sq Park which is the burial site of Civil war soldiers.

The Reading Terminal market has good food including steak Sandwiches but a lot of people like to go to Jim's Steaks located at 4th and South St. Jim’s was featured on the Food Network a few years ago.

Again, I hope you all enjoy your stay and if I see you walking around with Convention Id’s on I’ll be sure to say hello.

Thanks for the info. I'll have some time after the show Friday to snoop around. Is the bell and Independence Hall near the convention center?

I'll let my fellow Moderators know about Jim's Steaks for our annual dinner.

Don't have any map handy but from memory the convention center is at 11th and Arch st. So to get to the Bell and Independence Hall you would walk south 2 blocks to Chestnut st. Turn left and walk east to 6th St (You can also take almost any bus that runs on Chestnut street but I think the fare is $2.50 walking more fun). The bell is on your left, the hall will be on your right. There is an entire complex here that runs to 4th st that includes the first bank and Carpenters Hall and it also runs south to Washington Square park which is at 6th and Walnut street.

To get to Jim's steaks from there you will walk down Chestnut or Walnut street from the Hall to 4th street. Turn right and walk south about 7 streets to South st.

Not sure you want to have an annual dinner at Jims but you will know best after you see it. Jim's is a steak sandwich place so you may find seats or depending on the crowd you may stand. The most they have is Steak sandwiches, fries and beer.

A good place to have a sit down dinner is a restaurant named Bridget Foy's which is located at 2nd and South streets just two streets from Jims.

The food is good at Bridgets and it is not overly expensive and you might be able to get the entire 2nd floor space to yourselves but you might have to check on availability in advance.

Not telling you guys what to do, just giving some suggestions! Also do a web search for these places it will give you an idea of what they are although I don't think Jim's has been updated in a while.

Thanks, read one review online that said Jim's was better than Pat's or Geno's.

FYI, when in Philly and you see a sign that says "steaks", they are usually referring to a cheesesteak sandwich and not a slab of meat. They call them "steaks" for short. Not too many actual steakhouses. There is a Ruth's Criss on Broad just south of city hall but TONS of great restaurants downtown.
    http://www.jimssteaks.com/menuSS.html