Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Impeach the two of them

Here's a plan I like.

How long would it take to impeach Vice President Dick Cheney? A day?

It could be the day after impeachment hearings ended in the conviction of President George W. Bush for high crimes and misdemeanors. It would take only one courageous member of the House of Representatives to propose an article of impeachment against Cheney. Then it would take a majority of the House and two-thirds of the Senate to send Cheney packing -- almost as quickly as former Secretary of Defense Donald Rumsfeld.

Advertisement

Cheney could go back to making millions of dollars off the America people while out of office. And Congress could begin the work of righting government, repairing our global reputation and bringing our soldiers home.

Concocted intelligence

What could Cheney possibly be convicted of? Here's a thing: He used intelligence created -- and I use the word created as it is defined -- by Rumsfeld's top policy aide to convince America and the Congress that there was a connection between Al Qaeda and Saddam Hussein.

That aide, former Undersecretary of Defense Douglas Feith, produced "alternative" intelligence reports wrongly making such a connection. Those reports were among many false ones that the president used to convince Congress to endorse the invasion.

A new investigation instigated by our own U.S. Sen. Carl Levin shows that the Iraqi National Congress fed a Feith-led group fake claims that Iraq "was hiding illegal nuclear, chemical and biological weapons programs and was training terrorists," according to a report from the Washington bureau of McClatchy newspapers.

A right to be furious

Feith, who arguably can be blamed for starting the war in Iraq, now teaches at Georgetown University and has been absolved of any responsibility. When you work for the Bush administration, and you're not the guy who nearly let New Orleans drown, you're covered.

But Levin called the findings "devastating" and said "the American people will be absolutely furious."

The American people, most of us, are furious. We've lost 3,000 American men and women in a dishonest war. We've lost a global reputation because of the arrogance of our leaders. We can't wait until the next election to do something because there will only be more Americans dying in the meantime.

I've called for the impeachment of President George W. Bush twice before and had correspondents tell me that their greater fear was a President Cheney. Get rid of them both for "high crimes and misdemeanors" against the American people. The best definition of that came from our own President Gerald Ford in 1970: "An impeachable offense is whatever the majority of the House of Representatives considers it to be at any given moment."

At this moment, nothing could be worse than sacrificing American lives to make money and prove a point to your daddy. No wonder former President George H.W. Bush has taken to crying in public

http://www.freep.com/apps/pbcs.dll/a...1070/OPINION02

so who takes over after impeachment? this hard core left &right stuff gains nothing.just keeps folks fighting.just what both sides want...........

I bet you can't wait for a woman to lead you, can you?

if the Iraqi Nat'l Congress fed the fake claims and we believed them, how does that support your main point about Bush or Cheney?

Congress could right government? I hope you're not holding your breath...
    See Pelosi and the exemption for Star-Kist tuna for a great example of the changing levels of corruption..???

?Let New Orleans drown? Let's put our homes in an area below sea level and just sit on our asses while a cat 3(at least) hurricane rolls in...it's the government's fault, yeah that's the ticket...
    Please, how long are you going to make excuses for New Orleans?
    It's great to be alive and pumping oxygen!

This is going to get real old if the American people can't wait for the next election and insist on trying to impeach whoever is in the white house. This case is particularly bad, most people feel the dems will take the white house next election but we can't wait, we have to impeach both the pres and vp so Nancy can run the country now. I wouldn't be surprised if the same impeachment talk continues for whoever next inhabits the white house.
    Never knock on Death's door. Ring the bell and run, he hates that.

Views expressed here are my own and not neccessarily those of any company I am affiliated with.

Impeach the two.......if there is anything that is going to destroy the democrat party 2 years from now more, it would be a botox faced President Pelosi. LOL

Quote Originally Posted by James 3528 View Post
    Impeach the two.......if there is anything that is going to destroy the democrat party 2 years from now more, it would be a botox faced President Pelosi. LOL

The same way a "chimp with a razorblade" destroyed the neocons.LOL

Bush isn't a conservative. You thinking he is shows how politically inept you are. Why don't you have another lollipop?

O K Tink, I will give you a chance here: PROVE to me (with links to verifiable articles) that the speaker of the house is more qualified, more responsible, and can run the country better than the current Prez and VP.

Until you do, I do not want to hear any more talk about impeachment.

Only a really immature fool would throw out someone w/out having a BETTER replacement. And IMO immature fools should not be voting. Just common sense for those that understand what common sense is...

Until you can prove beyond any doubt that the speaker of the house can run the country better than the current leaders, then just put a lid on it buddy.

Nuff said.
    GA-HVAC-Tech

Quality work at a fair price with excellent customer service!

Romans Ch's 5-6-7-8

2 Chronicles 7:14

Quote Originally Posted by James 3528 View Post
    Bush isn't a conservative. You thinking he is shows how politically inept you are. Why don't you have another lollipop?
    I think he prefers a juice box and a fig newton after the nurse swabs his drool away.

O K Tink, I will give you a chance here: PROVE to me (with links to verifiable articles) that the speaker of the house is more qualified, more responsible, and can run the country better than the current Prez and VP.

The gas attendant at the mini mart could run the country as well. If 6 years of corruption and ineptness dont change your mind then it sucks to be you.

Until you do, I do not want to hear any more talk about impeachment.

Until you prove she cant then I will talk about impeachment all I want.

Only a really immature fool would throw out someone w/out having a BETTER replacement. And IMO immature fools should not be voting. Just common sense for those that understand what common sense is...

Only a immature fool would think dumbya is doing a good job. At your pace you may never get to vote.

Until you can prove beyond any doubt that the speaker of the house can run the country better than the current leaders, then just put a lid on it buddy.

Nuff said.

I dont have to prove shiite. If you guys are to naive to see the corruption then I'm here to show it to you.

Now its...Nuff said.

Hey Chill, Boot, and BillPro, and James:

Just a quick note to say that I am not going to answer any more of Tink's notes. He is not capable nor willing to carry on an intelligent conversation, so I am going to ignore him.

Catch up soon.
    GA-HVAC-Tech

Quality work at a fair price with excellent customer service!

Romans Ch's 5-6-7-8

2 Chronicles 7:14

I dont have to prove shiite.
    No sheyt dummy....and you never do.

If you guys are to naive to see the corruption then I'm here to show it to you.Now its...Nuff said.
    Nah, not quite enuff said yet....the only thing you are showing is how acutely uninformed you are on issues and your 7th grade responses to them when challenged.
    You've coughed up another furball, Curly.

Quote Originally Posted by ga-hvac-tech View Post
    Hey Chill, Boot, and BillPro, and James:

Just a quick note to say that I am not going to answer any more of Tink's notes. He is not capable nor willing to carry on an intelligent conversation, so I am going to ignore him.

Catch up soon.

Your question was stupid and I've never even talked to you before. Cyaaaaaaaaaaa!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast