Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Quote Originally Posted by JimmyP View Post
    Teddy bear

Thanks for that info. I made a typo it should be 21500 and yes it includes the basement. Will I still need a HRV or ERV with this? Should I tie it into the HVAC or have it seperate?
    That makes your 70 cfm ok. The UA 70 H will work, although fully loaded a few days a year. You would not need a ERV/Hrv as I suspect that during the colder months little or no mechanical fresh air is needed. This is because the natural infiltration will meet your needs. If you had an extremely air tight home with more occupants, an ERV/HRV could be of benefit because the energy recovered. I suggest a 6" fresh make-up air connected to the Ultra-Aire along with a ducted return from the open part of the home. The dehumidifier supply can be connected to the a/c supply. This will distribute the fresh and dry air throughout the home. Keep us posted.
    No, energy rater, that is not the teddy bear. Teddy bears are much older, larger, and wiser.
    Regards TB
    Bear Rules: Keep our home <50% RH summer, controls mites/mold and very comfortable.
    Provide 60-100 cfm of fresh air when occupied to purge indoor pollutants and keep window dry during cold weather. T-stat setup/setback +8 hrs. saves energy
    Use +Merv 10 air filter. -Don't forget the "Golden Rule"

LOL!

is a fresh air ducted dehumidifier & erv/hrv ever needed, or
    is dehumidifier w/fa enough?
    or is this dependent on size, tightness of house & #
    of people & combustion appliances?

just wondering.
    The cure of the part should not be attempted without the cure of the whole. ~Plato

Teddy Bear

Thank you for all your help and the useful information. I will let you know how it goes.

Quote Originally Posted by energy_rater_La View Post
    LOL!

is a fresh air ducted dehumidifier & erv/hrv ever needed, or
    is dehumidifier w/fa enough?
    or is this dependent on size, tightness of house & #
    of people & combustion appliances?

just wondering.
    A cold climate, an air tight home, expensive heating cost, and extended occupancy with several people provides payback for an ERV/HRV. For homes that are +.2 ach with natural ventilation during average winter weather, no mechanical fresh air is needed during the winter season.

Make-up fresh air ventilation has the advantage of providing air for the clothes driers, the kitchen hood, and bath fans.
    Ervs do reduce the dehumidificiation load during mild high dew point weather. This is a moderate benefit.
    Regards TB
    Bear Rules: Keep our home <50% RH summer, controls mites/mold and very comfortable.
    Provide 60-100 cfm of fresh air when occupied to purge indoor pollutants and keep window dry during cold weather. T-stat setup/setback +8 hrs. saves energy
    Use +Merv 10 air filter. -Don't forget the "Golden Rule"

see, you are making me wiser as I get older but hopefully
    not larger! Thanks.
    The cure of the part should not be attempted without the cure of the whole. ~Plato

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123