Thermostat Suggestions

I recently had a local HVAC contractor install a new 15 SEER 2.5 ton system in my home. After doing so, I discovered that my power company will give me a rebate of 50% up to $100 if I have a new programmable thermostat installed. I have been trying to do some research to decide what thermostat to have installed. I like the idea of one that has wifi and can be remotely controlled using my smartphone (I use a Blackberry if that makes a difference) but I'm not sure if that is truly worth the money. What programmable (needs to be a 7 day programmable) thermostat would you experts recommend?

Honeywell prestige, honeywell vision pro 8000, or honeywell focus pro 6000

Quote Originally Posted by jtrammel View Post
    Honeywell prestige, honeywell vision pro 8000, or honeywell focus pro 6000
    What he said.

Does your new 15 SEER system include a variable speed air handler or furnace? If so, the Prestige IAQ or VisionPRO IAQ can be configured/wired to do dehumidify on demand, which will give you greater comfort in the summertime (~80% airflow in cooling mode to lower coil temp and remove more moisture, therefore lower indoor %RH).

Does Honeywell work with a Blackberry?

I would also recommend the Honeywell vision pro or the vision pro IAQ depending on the application with a 15 seer I would assume it is variable speed and if it is I would go with the vision pro IAQ as previously stated by Ryan

I believe that my air handler is variable speed. It is a Goodman ASPF313716 (model number) and the heat pump, if that makes a difference is a Goodman SSZ140301 (also model number).

Quote Originally Posted by brian.cornell View Post
    I would also recommend the Honeywell vision pro or the vision pro IAQ depending on the application with a 15 seer I would assume it is variable speed and if it is I would go with the vision pro IAQ as previously stated by Ryan
    How can I tell if my system is variable speed?

Quote Originally Posted by BaldLoonie View Post
    Does Honeywell work with a Blackberry?
    i don't think so, should be android, or apple os.

Quote Originally Posted by andrew1985 View Post
    How can I tell if my system is variable speed?
    it's not

Would the vision pro IAQ do me any good for dehumidifying?

only by overcooling

How easily/quickly could my original installer put in a whole home dehumidifier? Would that require a costly tear out and reinstall?

Quote Originally Posted by andrew1985 View Post
    How easily/quickly could my original installer put in a whole home dehumidifier? Would that require a costly tear out and reinstall?
    Also, could you guys recommend a whole home dehumidifier for a 4 bedroom 1500 square foot house in Southeast Georgia?