+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Trane RTAC350

Post Likes

Trane RTAC350

Hi guys,

Im working on an RTAC350. Before the + was introduced. External OVS.
    I think they evap tubes got bad enough that it washed out the separator. its running 34F glycol in open process.
    For some reason I have no manual control of the slide with Techview. I need to get it unloaded for a while to see if I can get it back. Is there no manual control on it because its a little older or are all the RTACs like that? Do I have to unload it with toggle switches or what. There must be a faster way. Thoughts?

Post Likes
    Pull the wire that goes to the female step loader. It'll never load past 40% RLA, regardless of what the male load/unload is doing.
    Don't pick the fly crap out of the pepper.

Post Likes
    may need kestrel view to do that.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by r404a View Post
    may need kestrel view to do that.
    kestrelView won't manually unload compressor also.

Post Likes
    You could raise the set point.......
    “It takes courage to grow up and turn out to be who you really are.”

- E.E. Cummings

Post Likes
    Raising the set point is the obvious solution. However it has a twin next to it that will compensate.
    Pulling off the solenoid works just fine. It doesn't matter in any case. I wanted to see if I could get the oil back to the separator which didn't work. I have no history on this machine, I just got thrown onto it. I think it actually has no oil. Pulled the charge and its 160# short.
    There is oil everywhere but I was told it was from a previous leak. So i'll leak test, distill what I got and do a few repairs while the charge is out. Thanks for the solenoid tip. I don't know why they left that out of the RTAC program. I think the RTAA has that option. Oh well. Another day at the office.

Post Likes
    Is the oil scavenger line clogged not allowing oil to return? Is there a solenoid in the scavenger line? If so, is it working?

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in