Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    I'm sure you've seen this but figured it fits here in between the weirdness

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=geFGAsUP-5g
    “If You Can Dodge A Wrench You Can Dodge A Ball”

Quote Originally Posted by itsiceman View Post
    Wow they got some nice lap tops for less than any one of your digital gauges.

Why am I envisioning a Apple IIe hard wired on a desk somewhere with thousands of dollars of redundant hvac tools (that communicate with a PC) one person couldn't possibly use all at once.

Weird stuff???
    Wow. You must be a computer geek from WAY back.

I remember cutting my teeth programming in AppleBASIC on a IIc and IIe. The IIgs was AMAZING...

argh...company PC is loaded ..it's an old Dell Pentium Four.

I was insistent Uncle do something with the relic he has..my computer skills are really in need of some sharpening.

Frig it...I'm getting a lap top.

Uncle Clover won't up grade to a new PC until he retires and I take full responsibility and ownership of the business.

Or I could just do a coup and take over....naw...he treats me too well for me to usurp what he and Aunt Clover built (evil grin).

Quote Originally Posted by Brent Ridley View Post
    I was told by Russell w/FP to update the firmware in the HG3 and SMAN4 for proper performance.

I only assume it has something to do with compatibility with the newer products (specifically the SDP2).

I haven't done the update on mine yet and I am having issue. I plan on doing the update this afternoon, I will let you know if it fixes the issues.
    When my HG3 would not update on my PC, FP sent me new one the next day. Didn't know about the SMAN needing an update.

I saw the Up date video but it didn't dawn on me that I would or should have a problem. Assume...you know what that means.

Quote Originally Posted by crstephens83 View Post
    if you hold down the power key on the sman4 on startup it will flash the version of firmware the newest is 2.15
    Thanks. That will be a great help.

no it does not transfer directly, it requires software to be installed on the computer.
    Oiy vay!
    The disc in SMAN will never load in our PC.

Quote Originally Posted by itsiceman View Post
    Wow they got some nice lap tops for less than any one of your digital gauges.

Why am I envisioning a Apple IIe hard wired on a desk somewhere with thousands of dollars of redundant hvac tools (that communicate with a PC) one person couldn't possibly use all at once.

Weird stuff???
    I have A Dell Pentium four,

Quote Originally Posted by jpsmith1cm View Post
    Wow. You must be a computer geek from WAY back.

I remember cutting my teeth programming in AppleBASIC on a IIc and IIe. The IIgs was AMAZING...
    My programing days ended with the TI and magnetic tape. Everything beyond that was and still is way over my head
    “If You Can Dodge A Wrench You Can Dodge A Ball”

if you hold down the power key on the sman4 on startup it will flash the version of firmware the newest is 2.15
    I HAVE VERSION 2.10! @#$$%%!!

I also have version 2.10

I attempted to update my SMAN4 and my HG3 last night. I had success with HG3 but the SMAN's gave me trouble. I'm going to reinstall the update today.

The HG3 update took about 5 mins. The SMAN update (if it worked) took about 15 mins.

Just download to and run the update from a flash drive.
    We've been doing so much,for so long,with so little, that now we can do almost anything, with nothing at all.

I also have version 2.10

I attempted to update my SMAN4 and my HG3 last night. I had success with HG3 but the SMAN's gave me trouble. I'm going to reinstall the update today.

The HG3 update took about 5 mins. The SMAN update (if it worked) took about 15 mins.
    I down loaded the PDF....but my computer gave me a "Device Not Recognized" when I hooked up the Sman 4.

F'ing computer!!! Have to get with my Engineer cousin and ask him to use his PC...oh Joy.

I also have version 2.10

How big is the down load?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12