Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    My disclaimer: I have found that these hoses and fittings are working. How long they work is still up in the air. You may have a different experience depending on the quality of the crimping and the hardware you choose to use.

I am simply showing what I found to work....so far.

Thanks for the link. Finally found the right guy at the right shop. going to make up a 1/2" x 6' of the PTFE stainless braid out the door for $37. Just looking for dedicated vacuum hoses now. For that price its definitly worth a try.

http://www.imperialsupplies.com/grp513.shtml
    http://www.imperialsupplies.com/item/0936130

If only we could find the 1/4", 3/8", 1/2" Crimp on Fittings for our systems.... There's gotta be a company that manufactures them cause there's tons of different brand hoses out there with pretty much the same fittings.

Anybody ever check out this site:
    http://www.greenlinehose.com/pulsar.htm
    They have a catalog on that site with crimp fittings... I dont know all the requirements for a good hose.

Sent from my GSIII on Tapatalk

Just to clarify, the hoses I'm putting together are NOT the same as slctech posted. The hose is rated the same and the fittings are brass. I'll be adapting the ends as he did. Weatherhead/Eaton is what the local guy can put together reasonably. the fittings on our AC/Refrig hoses from the factory must be proprietary. Varieties of crimp dies and the tools to make them are exhausting and costly. I doubt my usage will come close the extent of slctech's. Time will tell

Quote Originally Posted by greg58 View Post
    Just to clarify, the hoses I'm putting together are NOT the same as slctech posted. The hose is rated the same and the fittings are brass. I'll be adapting the ends as he did. Weatherhead/Eaton is what the local guy can put together reasonably. the fittings on our AC/Refrig hoses from the factory must be proprietary. Varieties of crimp dies and the tools to make them are exhausting and costly. I doubt my usage will come close the extent of slctech's. Time will tell
    Post pics and let me know how they work out.

I like!

Rated this thread 5 stars
    "If perfection is your goal, you may end up with good enough, what might you end up with when good enough is your goal?"
    efficientcomfort.net

I'll definetly get some pics up. ASAP I was just glad that you renewed the drive to seek again. Got pretty burnt out on the first searches locally. Automakers split town and whats left leaves alot to be desired. I used to to have option of at least 3 places to get anything I needed. But hey, back then it was all cheaper and there wasn't much difference in price.

slctech, I hope you don't mind, but I liked the look of your setup, so I copied it and made my own out of stuff I found locally. I used it a few times Thursday and Friday and so far its working pretty good.

Name:  DSCF0874.jpg
Views: 302
Size:  57.0 KBName:  DSCF0875.jpg
Views: 299
Size:  67.7 KBName:  DSCF0876.jpg
Views: 303
Size:  26.9 KBName:  DSCF0877.jpg
Views: 296
Size:  54.0 KBName:  DSCF0878.jpg
Views: 295
Size:  52.1 KB

Wow...pretty damn cool. I like how you did your with the ability to take the tree off. Mine is currently permanent.
    I have had no problems yet with the hoses. I had to get away from the YJ ball valves and go to solid YJ fittings. I formed a leak in the ball valve. Other than that no issues vacuuming. Braided lines are a bit grumpy to move around, but the money saved makes up for it.

I am sure you have realized that we have all been duped by Y/J, JB, Imperial, CPS, and others about having to purchase their extremely over-priced hoses. NO MORE for me.

Nice garage...ash tray looks a lot like mine...LOL. I need to dump mine soon.

Quote Originally Posted by slctech View Post
    Wow...pretty damn cool. I like how you did your with the ability to take the tree off. Mine is currently permanent.
    I have had no problems yet with the hoses. I had to get away from the YJ ball valves and go to solid YJ fittings. I formed a leak in the ball valve. Other than that no issues vacuuming. Braided lines are a bit grumpy to move around, but the money saved makes up for it.

I am sure you have realized that we have all been duped by Y/J, JB, Imperial, CPS, and others about having to purchase their extremely over-priced hoses. NO MORE for me.
    I liked how your pump was with the permanent tee. I wanted to do that with mine, but the handle is so close there wasn't room. Fortunately I found that tree that fits right on top. Robinair sells the tree as an accessory for the pump, it's 1/4" pipe thread on top so possibilities are endless, you can put whatever fittings you want.

I really like the stainless hoses, I had a couple of the big 1/2" x 6' appion hoses, they where so big and cumbersome, the stainless hoses are more flexible than those for sure.

Thanks for the idea, I'm really liking the stainless hoses so far.

On the YJ 6cfm SuperEvac pumps, you can drain the oil, remove the front casing. The handle comes off with that. Attach your goodies to the vac port, and then reattach the front casing. Make sure you use a bit of Nylog around the O-ring/seal. Or remove the handle all together and make your own. On one pump I attached a large eye-bolt so I can easily hook onto it and pull it up onto roofs with my hook and rope. Also can attach a shoulder strap to it.....just think outside the box...it is fun to reinvent and personalize your tools.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast