Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by jpsmith1cm View Post
    THIS idea, I LIKE!

Makes me wish I'd have opted for the YJ pump when I bought a new one last summer instead of the JB with the exhaust through the handle...
    I snagged a Used YJ SuperEvac 6CFM from my Wife's Grandfather that passed. And I love it compared to the new JB's that my previous company I worked for had.

Quote Originally Posted by slctech View Post

Any questions feel free to ask.
    No fridge to keep your corona cold?

Upon closer inspection it looks like a miller genuine draft...still no fridge?

I most of all like the old controls on your wall. I actually remember many of them!
    ckartson
    I didn't write the book I just read it!

Slctech, I am impressed. Nice job.

Beer is a Corona..good eyes. Had to go back and spent a few minutes looking at my pic to figure out where my weekend vise was at. Fridge is kept full, that one is fresh and cold.

As for the controls, some guys have deer and elk heads hanging in their garages, I just hang modules and boards. Don't know why, just my own "Wall of Death". Inside in my office is the GRC "Gremlin Retainment Center". I have a shelf with very particular parts or component from a small BB to a monster old GE gas valve...stipulation to make the shelf...had to be something that kicked my butt. To prevent the bastards escaping and moving on to another system to attack again, I retain them....my own little Guantanamo.

I also use a lot or loan out certain controls for classes. I am currently working on an economizer emulator and tester. You can see the gutted Annie Analyzer blue box. Will finish this soon, has POT's to adjust and play, CO2 monitor, troubleshooting lights, etc. Also wiring in the appropriate molex plug sets, so you can just unplug the manufacture's plug at a unit and just plug this into place and on-site test and adjust equipment. But more for my guys and newbies, seems economization is a mystery to most and I want the younger generation to get a real deep understanding of how really simple it is.

I look at any tool as a car you purchased. You can either keep that car/truck original and the same as everyone else, or you can add turbo, lift kit, computer chip, and really personalize and make something that puts your car/truck a step ahead of the five other guys in the neighborhood with a bit more performance and ingenuity than what even the manufacture mass produced.

As for hoses, I just got tired of the hose market scam. I feel like I am getting ripped off. Those hoses YJ, JB, Imperial, Appion, etc, are cheap, probably $.30 cents a foot. I know companies need to make profit and I am all for that, but calculating cost of fittings (mass produced in china), hoses, and know that it takes a few seconds to crimp fittings in the machine, add labor, overhead, expenses....the hoses end up be very lucrative. I pay enough for everything else, why rape me for hoses and fittings, why are hoses still the exact same from the days of grandfather, yet everything else has evolved with time? Not saying this is bad, but you really have to think that these companies would lose out on a grundle of money if they produced hoses that would last nearly forever.
    Here is proof, you guys do the math........
    http://www.alibaba.com/product-gs/49...reon_r410.html

Quote Originally Posted by slctech View Post
    I also use a lot or loan out certain controls for classes. I am currently working on an economizer emulator and tester. You can see the gutted Annie Analyzer blue box. Will finish this soon, has POT's to adjust and play, CO2 monitor, troubleshooting lights, etc. Also wiring in the appropriate molex plug sets, so you can just unplug the manufacture's plug at a unit and just plug this into place and on-site test and adjust equipment. But more for my guys and newbies, seems economization is a mystery to most and I want the younger generation to get a real deep understanding of how really simple it is.http://www.alibaba.com/product-gs/49...reon_r410.html

Man, I'll buy a tester for econs!! I run into old crap, and new.....it'd be AWESOME to be able to plug-n-play with them.......rather than jumper and add resistors etc. let me know when it's ready, I'll buy, and demo for you......some of the last old crappy one's I had to deal with took 9V batteries to make the board work......got something for that?

It would not be hard to make your own basic tester. This is more for training, and I will create a new thread after I finish it this weekend and will get pics. Will definitely be posting that in the Pro Section...no Dr Zarkloff crap for me

[QUOTE=slctech;15620571]

I also use a lot or loan out certain controls for classes. I am currently working on an economizer emulator and tester. You can see the gutted Annie Analyzer blue box. Will finish this soon, has POT's to adjust and play, CO2 monitor, troubleshooting lights, etc. Also wiring in the appropriate molex plug sets, so you can just unplug the manufacture's plug at a unit and just plug this into place and on-site test and adjust equipment. But more for my guys and newbies, seems economization is a mystery to most and I want the younger generation to get a real deep understanding of how really simple it is. I have an old stat simulator for the W973 single zone system that I'll never use again if you'd be interested.

I look at any tool as a car you purchased. You can either keep that car/truck original and the same as everyone else, or you can add turbo, lift kit, computer chip, and really personalize and make something that puts your car/truck a step ahead of the five other guys in the neighborhood with a bit more performance and ingenuity than what even the manufacture mass produced. Like the old BASF commercial. "WE dont make the products you buy. We make the products you buy better."

As for hoses, I just got tired of the hose market scam. I feel like I am getting ripped off. Those hoses YJ, JB, Imperial, Appion, etc, are cheap, probably $.30 cents a foot. I know companies need to make profit and I am all for that, but calculating cost of fittings (mass produced in china), hoses, and know that it takes a few seconds to crimp fittings in the machine, add labor, overhead, expenses....the hoses end up be very lucrative. I pay enough for everything else, why rape me for hoses and fittings, why are hoses still the exact same from the days of grandfather, yet everything else has evolved with time? Not saying this is bad, but you really have to think that these companies would lose out on a grundle of money if they produced hoses that would last nearly forever.
    Local Parker guys here dont seem to have a clue outside of what they have on the shelf/in the shop. I couldnt find the Parflex 919-6 series on their website. Going to check with a place that says they have the equivalent. Been down this road before and usually give up out of frustration. When the auto makers split town alot of good backup companies went under. Years ago getting those hoses made was as easy as getting a sheet of drywall. Thanks for renewing the search with your pics. I think. LOL

GEEZ, that sure didnt work out as planned. Sorry bout that. Gotta run for now. Have to clarify later.

Dude I think you just saved me a ton of jack. I was just pondering buying a new set of hoses the other day.... I'm gonna have to see if anyone at work knows someone who can crimp those fittings on, otherwise I'm sending you a check to make me some.

The machine that does the crimpings is pretty expensive. They use the same machine for about all the hose types, but for each and every type of fitting and fitting diameter they have to put in special dyes.
    So for a shop to get set-up with the hoses, dyes, and machine, can be quite pricy.

I know I came across the ParFlex Parker brand hose, but this is what my shop and I determined they had on hand and would was suitable for the working pressures, vacuum, and type of chemicals it may be handling. There are infinite other types of hoses out there. I found out quick that we have all been made to believe/duped that these hoses we all have been using for years were suppose to be super unique and specialized, when all actuality they are nothing more than cheap basic hoses with some inner braiding.

Set down with your local hose and fitting shop, whether Evco or whomever, bring in your hoses. Pick there brains, we have to all realize that these shops are making hydraulic hoses by the dozen a day for forklifts and heavy equipment. Hydraulic hoses are rated at 4000 to 6000 psi, just need to research that manufacturer for vacuum rating, which should be in the engineering specs for any hose. Once you have the hose, just need to step out of the box to and McGyver the fittings you need to make it work.

I aimed more for stainless steel, because it looks cool..simple as that. Nothing more, nothing less. If all my shop had was pink hosing that fit my applications...well I would have pink hoses on my manifold.

Y/J has finally grunted out a fitting to allow me to go from 1/8" MPT to 1/4 Quick Connect. As you could tell I was stuck for the longest time utilizing their ball valves and gutting the end off. I just purchased a bunch of the new YJ fitttings to avoid possible leaks through that ball valve fitting.

This is not all my idea on hoses. I sub-contracted a refrigerant recovery outfit, Rapid Recovery, to pull about a 1000 pounds out of a system. They reeled out 300 feet of 1/2 and 3/8 hose. I stopped and thought about it and talked with the guy. They custom build all their recovery equipment and hoses in house. That is where my mission began, if they can do it...for a 300 feet length, why can I not do it for a 3 foot length. I found that it is the quick fittings with the O-ring that is tough to get, but I learned that everything else was much cheaper than I ever thought. So when I had a 3 foot 1/4" stainless steel hose made for the first time and held it in my hand and knew it was cheaper than the ones I could get at my distributor...I got a chubby.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast