Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Whats up with the knee old man!!......
    Refrigeration...Finding the Wright Wrench to pound in the correct..Screw

My brother had a bad knee.Being a hard ass he would suffer through
    the day.One day while installing sheet rock his knee puffed up.He stopped,
    rolled up his pant leg, and had his son get the drill and bit index.Removed the smallest bit and drilled a hold in his knee to drain the fluid. Back to work he went.
    Relax, all right? My old man is a television repairman, he's got this ultimate set of tools. I can fix it.

Quote Originally Posted by thoglow View Post
    My brother had a bad knee.Being a hard ass he would suffer through
    the day.One day while installing sheet rock his knee puffed up.He stopped,
    rolled up his pant leg, and had his son get the drill and bit index.Removed the smallest bit and drilled a hold in his knee to drain the fluid. Back to work he went.

he is a hard ass!!

Quote Originally Posted by t527ed View Post
    he is a hard ass!!
    He was.He died in 97.A remarkable man.Tour in Vietnam with the seals-radio man,a GC and a artist.
    Relax, all right? My old man is a television repairman, he's got this ultimate set of tools. I can fix it.

Hey there,

I was finishing up a controls system job for a boiler and two air handler units yesterday at an Orthopedic Surgeon's office. I had to take off early to get the wifey to her doctor's appointment so I was finished at 1PM. I took an hour for myself and had the doctor look at the knee. Turns out it's a bursa sac or bursitis of the knee.

So he took an X-ray and then a big needle for a sample of the sac. I got some antibiotics to take over the weekend and go back Monday when he'll get the lab results and schedule the minor surgery to have it removed.

As the title of this post says, could have been avoided by wearing my kneepads regularly, not just when it was convenient.
    R2B4BTU

I'm buying knee pads!
    If you can't push; pull... If you can't pull; GET OUT OF THE WAY!!

Quote Originally Posted by cmgordon View Post
    Treat yourself right. Buy a pair of kneepads and wear them all the time.
    I have been wearing them for about 25 years. I put them on when I get in the truck in the morning and take them off at night. I wear them when working in the yard, mowing the lawn, climbing on ladders etc.
    Chris Gordon

I bet your neighbors wonder if your a male prostitute.

I get puss pockets in the outside of my big toenails once in a while. Damn they hurt. I go at um with an exacto knife if they get bad.
    Last edited by spotts; 04-11-2008 at 02:35 PM.
    My doctor gave me six months to live, but when I couldn't pay the bill he gave me six months more.
    Walter Matthau

Quote Originally Posted by otto View Post
    Hey there,

I was finishing up a controls system job for a boiler and two air handler units yesterday at an Orthopedic Surgeon's office. I had to take off early to get the wifey to her doctor's appointment so I was finished at 1PM. I took an hour for myself and had the doctor look at the knee. Turns out it's a bursa sac or bursitis of the knee.

So he took an X-ray and then a big needle for a sample of the sac. I got some antibiotics to take over the weekend and go back Monday when he'll get the lab results and schedule the minor surgery to have it removed.

As the title of this post says, could have been avoided by wearing my kneepads regularly, not just when it was convenient.
    Hey Otto, you have,"house wifes knee". What the doc called it when I had it a few yrs ago. Originated from back in the day when the women folk had to get down on their knees to scrub the floors clean. Doc said its common for guys in the trade to get it. Now I wear knee pads all the time, keeps them warm, doesn't feel like I'm working if I don't have them on.
    So you didn't ask, what you though was a stupid question. Now how, are you going to tell the boss about your stupid screw up?

Dang it now you convinced me,,,,,,,,,,,,,, The little woman gets knee pads tomorrow.
    I'm not tolerating Political Correctness anymore, from now on it's tell it like it is.

Veto Pro Pak - The best tool bag you'll ever own

Beautiful, Philadelphia, the City of Brotherly Love!
    Can we see a medical professional here?
    You don't want to loose that knee you only have two.

I guess you got a point there I've done that a couple of times and actually a oldtimer co-worker told me what the H$ll is wrong with with you, put your kneepads on right after he said that I put my knee into a screw. For some reason when ever he tells me some thing it always turns out to be right.

Went and got it extracted today. I'm on the DL until Monday.
    Gots me some good medicationalizers (Darvocet).
    Here I am awaiting the surgery. Last time I'll be able to post a picture of the knee lump.
    R2B4BTU

OK time to use the knee pad all the time,

Several year ago on a large New Build job I wore knee pad for a month straight (in the gravel all day), One day a electrician ask why I was always wearing Knee pad?

I Replied well, there's two was to get ahead in this company

Hope you get feeling better.
    If you help others then you are a Success

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast