Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

wear your kneepads (not for the squeamish)

I remember having knelt down on a screw or a pebble a while back maybe a year or more. Had a small lump below the kneecap for a while. Finally now it's infected and I'm taking antibiotics, probably gonna need it cut open and cleaned out.

Hurt like heck yesterday, swelling is finally going down.
    R2B4BTU

Looks like the one on my right knee.You should have that drained!It would feel better.

You know someone told me once"This trade retires you.You usely don't get a chance to retire from it."
    Relax, all right? My old man is a television repairman, he's got this ultimate set of tools. I can fix it.

get some peroxide a needle, squeeze like hell, scream like a girl, pour peroxide on the wound and you'll be ok.

I did get it open and got a lot of stuff out but, it's a stubborn one. Dr doesn't want to touch it until the infection goes away. It's quite tender right now so I'll leave it alone.
    R2B4BTU

Like Peyton says"Rub some dirt on it".

Hey Otto don't get mad.I lost 50.00$
    on the super bowl.
    Relax, all right? My old man is a television repairman, he's got this ultimate set of tools. I can fix it.

That's nuthin'. Peroxide, a pin, and triple anti-biotic will do wonders.
    Yep, after 35 years of kneeling, I keep a knee pad in my tool bag and it really helps.

go buy some Tea-tree oil from the healthfood store. It's excellent for anything skin related.

Quote Originally Posted by otto View Post
    I did get it open and got a lot of stuff out but, it's a stubborn one. Dr doesn't want to touch it until the infection goes away. It's quite tender right now so I'll leave it alone.

Can you still do your baking?

"Nothing else can poison our culture, corrupt our society or ruin the character of our people like unearned money or unearned opportunity." -- James R. Cook

"Fooling around with alternating current is just a waste of time. Nobody will use it, ever." Thomas Edison, 1889.

Quote Originally Posted by vmc1161 View Post
    Can you still do your baking?

Thanks for a good laugh! I took off today, go for outpatient surgery tomorrow. Dr gave me some nice painkillers. Man, this thing hurts. I had a call this morning where I pulled the blower motor for match-up. A Rheem with the screw-in motor mounts. Local dist all out of motors. Got a decent AO Smith at WWG for $40 less than the dist wanted for OEM. Lady had no heat so I had to go put the motor in. Took me 1.5 hrs to get there in the blizzard, 45 min to install it, 1.5 hrs back home. But it's all OK now thanks to hydrocodone/ibuprofen pills! Whhhhhheeeeeeeeee!

Maybe I'll bake a cake tomorrow. Or better yet, some Chili in the crockpot and some cornbread (Johnnycake).
    R2B4BTU

Ok......when you get home take a pic of the knee. We will vote on the size of the scar, chicks dig war wounds.
    Refrigeration...Finding the Wright Wrench to pound in the correct..Screw

Knee Pads

Treat yourself right. Buy a pair of kneepads and wear them all the time.

I have been wearing them for about 25 years. I put them on when I get in the truck in the morning and take them off at night. I wear them when working in the yard, mowing the lawn, climbing on ladders etc.

They keep my knees warm in winter. I get these soft red rubber ones that have a wide elastic strap and fit around my knees. I even wear them under my pants when I go ice boat sailing. Anytime I have to get on my knees, I wear the pads.

I have sympathetic pains in my knees now from seeing your infection. You are luckey you don't have a bacterial infection that is antibiotic resistant. Hopefully, it stays so.

Chris Gordon

tea tree oil man

You sure got a purty leg there, Otto.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast