+ Reply to Thread

Thread: I have the velcro AK900 temp sensors....

Post Likes

I have the velcro AK900 temp sensors....

..still in a bag. Any takers?

Post Likes
    HMMMM. What you trying to sell them for??

Post Likes
    which velcro sensors are they?
    “If You Can Dodge A Wrench You Can Dodge A Ball”

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by itsiceman View Post
    the ones that come with the ak900

Post Likes
    You know what really works well? Those outdoor temp sensors that are on Trane RTU's. I put one on for my high side and left factory low side alone. It matched up and read the same temp as the factory ones. There only like 8 bucks.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by itsiceman View Post
    cause when i bought my AKs I opted for the clamp type sensors.

Post Likes
    I would hold on to them as back ups... IMO

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by hvac5646 View Post
    cause when i bought my AKs I opted for the clamp type sensors.

Are they the velcro with just a probe glued to it?

If so, here's what I'd do with them.

Cut the velcro off. It's cumbersome and annoying and difficult to get good and tight. Get some sort of zip tie to hold them on. I'll tell you what I use if you'd like to know.

http://millepede.com/products/mille-ties/20686

Wrap them back up, put them in the bag and let them collect dust for a while. They aren't eating anything and you don't have to shovel anything out from under them.

The clamp sensors are great. I use mine almost daily, BUT, I still carry the probe type sensors because the clamps don't work well with small lines (under 3/8" or so) and large lines (over 1 5/8")..

If you know for 100% absolute certain that you will NEVER, EVER, EVER encounter those line sizes, then go ahead and dump 'em, but I'd hang on to them.

Then again, my wife calls me a packrat among other nasty and unrepeatable things...

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by jpsmith1cm View Post
    Are they the velcro with just a probe glued to it?

If so, here's what I'd do with them.

Cut the velcro off. It's cumbersome and annoying and difficult to get good and tight. Get some sort of zip tie to hold them on. I'll tell you what I use if you'd like to know.

http://millepede.com/products/mille-ties/20686

Wrap them back up, put them in the bag and let them collect dust for a while. They aren't eating anything and you don't have to shovel anything out from under them.

The clamp sensors are great. I use mine almost daily, BUT, I still carry the probe type sensors because the clamps don't work well with small lines (under 3/8" or so) and large lines (over 1 5/8")..

If you know for 100% absolute certain that you will NEVER, EVER, EVER encounter those line sizes, then go ahead and dump 'em, but I'd hang on to them.

Then again, my wife calls me a packrat among other nasty and unrepeatable things...
    Never say never....

I have not seen an ac LL smaller than 5/16 since i came to work for the Boss.

He is the main refer guy in the business so he might need them on some large diameter copper.

I have a double redundant back up on all my tools and electronic test gear. Might as well add those sensors to them.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in