Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Hugh B View Post
    Hey jmac,

I am a member of the NRA and GOA. I also heard that business about the GOA backing the bill. I contacted GOA and they told me that they were misquoted in the press to make it look like they were backing the bill. They were not endorsing the bill at all and did not. GOA joined the NRAs position.
    that DAMN MEDIA, why do I even bother. The lying SOB's.

anyway, I am also a NRA member, if I give any more money away, I may have---uuumm domestic problems----if-ya-know-what-I-mean
    The Last four letters

American = I Can, Republican = I Can, Democrats = Rats

any questions

Quote Originally Posted by jmac00 View Post
    that DAMN MEDIA, why do I even bother. The lying SOB's.

anyway, I am also a NRA member, if I give any more money away, I may have---uuumm domestic problems----if-ya-know-what-I-mean
    I only recently joined the NRA. I am politically to the right of the NRA. The NRA has given in too many times in the past and gives ground on the Second Amendment. I have been a GOA member for a longer time as the GOA is closer to my conservative position.

That said, after Sandy Hook I signed up all six member of my family as NRA members to help increase their membership. The NRA is one of the more powerful of the few voices and generally represents my family and me.

The media is constantly lying and providing false information about guns, gun control, the NRA and the GOA. I can't believe much of anything the media says these days. Can't believe much out of the White House or congress either. Can't trust the republicans to switch sides under pressure and back insane leftist bills either.

Hugh B

Quote Originally Posted by Jax View Post
    I did not feel NRA represented my view, always belonged to GOA. But when NRA took a stand on this, I become a contributing member. They really came through this time.
    Understood, there is certainly nothing wrong with supporting [competitive?] national organizations. Good idea. My thinking: If the NRA leadership thinks they have an un-challenged corner on the issue they will 'play it safe' and become wimpy. They have, at times, been a tad wobbly in the past.

State organizations are great too, in Texas we have 'Tx state rifle assn.'.
    "You boys are really making this thing harder than it has to be". Me

"Who ARE you people? And WHAT are you doing in my SWAMP!?" Shrek

Service calls submitted after 3PM will be posted the next business day.

I give free estimates [Wild Ass Guesses] over the phone.

"I am sorry for interrupting, please continue with your quarreling" Some chick on TV

well I guess my e-mail to the NRA worked. I said "IF this background check law passes, I want my money back"

I win
    The Last four letters

any questions

NRA member myself and I would like to thank those that has the courage to make a stand and support organizations that defend our rights.
    I dont warranty Tinkeritus

There is good reason why Background checks don't work.

1) and most important, Is they don't work. Crazy Joe Biden said it himself, the government doesn't have the time or the money to prosecute people who are deemed ineligible.

2) the only way to make background checks work would be to register every gun purchased, ever.

3)it's important understand that criminals disobey such laws (and according to the Supreme Court in their Haynes vs. U.S. decision, criminals are not legally obligated to). In a report titled “Firearm Use by Offenders”, our own Federal Government noted that nearly 40 percent of all crime guns are acquired from street level dealers, who are criminals in the black market business of peddling stolen and recycled guns. Standing alone, this shows that “universal” background checks would have an incomplete effect on guns used in crimes.

When 80 percent of the problem is not addressed by legislation, even if the law was enforced it would be nearly useless.
    The Last four letters

any questions

According to Haynes v. US, law abiding citizens would be in violation of a gun registration law if they failed to register but a convicted felon is immune from prosecution as this would constitute "self incrimination"? Wow! Ok, so if you get busted and become a felon then while it may be illegal for you to own or possess a firearm, you would not be required to register any firearms in your possession. Now, once someone is convicted of a felony, does the State have the right to confiscate the arms that otherwise had been legally owned by the perp. prior to his felony conviction?

Look, I'm all for protecting your 5th amendment rights but there has to be some common sense here. As it stands, gun registration applies only to non-felons! The very people they claim it will keep guns away from are protected by it!

Quote Originally Posted by thermofridge View Post
    The President says that 90% of Americans support the gun bans. There is no way that is an accurate stat. I would say it is closer to 90% the other way.
    the liberal left will lie through their teeth, and not blink.
    Let's give nukes a chance.

Just my opinion:

The nation spoke, and the govt responded. This is the way our nation works.

The problem is: WE need to speak MORE and LOUDLY!

All it takes for us to loose our freedom... is... nothing.

Stay involved, or cry over what we used to have.

As for me... I will stay involved.

I belong to NRA, GOA, SAF, and GAcarry.org.
    The third one (Second Amendment Foundation WWW.SAF.ORG) has done a lot to legally take down any firearm law that does not meet Constitutional requirements.
    The last one, GAcarry.org, with a membership less than 10K, has done a HUGE amount for gun freedom (by responsible license-holders) in the state.

It does not take much to influence govt... all one has to do is GET INVOLVED!
    GA-HVAC-Tech

Quality work at a fair price with excellent customer service!

Romans Ch's 5-6-7-8

2 Chronicles 7:14

Quote Originally Posted by ga-hvac-tech View Post
    Just my opinion:

The nation spoke, and the govt responded. This is the way our nation works.

The problem is: WE need to speak MORE and LOUDLY!

All it takes for us to loose our freedom... is... nothing.

Stay involved, or cry over what we used to have.

As for me... I will stay involved.

I belong to NRA, GOA, SAF, and GAcarry.org.
    The third one (Second Amendment Foundation WWW.SAF.ORG) has done a lot to legally take down any firearm law that does not meet Constitutional requirements.
    The last one, GAcarry.org, with a membership less than 10K, has done a HUGE amount for gun freedom (by responsible license-holders) in the state.

It does not take much to influence govt... all one has to do is GET INVOLVED!

well done and thanks..

Quote Originally Posted by primmers View Post
    well done and thanks..
    Just for fun...

Are you involved?

Does not take much: Attend rallies for pro-gun causes (numbers in a crowd attract the media).
    Show up and make the crowd size look BIG when the town or country or state is voting on a gun bill.
    John a few organizations and send along some $$$ to pay for the lobbying which provides our freedom.

Not really hard... just doing it is the BIG thing.

If we do nothing... sooner than we realize we will be hunting with pea-shooters and slingshots... and showing our papers every time we drive down the road.
    Not the America I want to retire in.
    GA-HVAC-Tech

Quality work at a fair price with excellent customer service!

Romans Ch's 5-6-7-8

2 Chronicles 7:14

no, i got pi$$ed with the nra when they backed harry reidless....
    i guess I'm over it now and will reenlist..

Quote Originally Posted by hearthman View Post
    According to Haynes v. US, law abiding citizens would be in violation of a gun registration law if they failed to register but a convicted felon is immune from prosecution as this would constitute "self incrimination"? Wow! Ok, so if you get busted and become a felon then while it may be illegal for you to own or possess a firearm, you would not be required to register any firearms in your possession. Now, once someone is convicted of a felony, does the State have the right to confiscate the arms that otherwise had been legally owned by the perp. prior to his felony conviction?

Look, I'm all for protecting your 5th amendment rights but there has to be some common sense here. As it stands, gun registration applies only to non-felons! The very people they claim it will keep guns away from are protected by it!
    Welcome to Nazi New York, that's exactly the problem with the NYS Safe Act
    The Last four letters

any questions

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast