Local cop seems to have a problem following the law...

http://www.nationalreview.com/corner...ree-cj-grisham

They need to get some high powered (and pro-gun) lawyers to send a message by bankrupting that city and hanging that cop out to dry.

Countries fall apart when LE types think they are above the law.
    GA-HVAC-Tech

Quality work at a fair price with excellent customer service!

Romans Ch's 5-6-7-8

2 Chronicles 7:14

Thread allready posted on cop ga
    Thank u very much

So basically they arrested him for "resisting" their illegal search...

The guy is kind of a jackass for packing his AR-15 in front, like he was in a war zone, while hiking down a paved road, but there was no law broken until the cop grabbed the rifle.
    If more government is the answer, then it's a really stupid question.

Mark, I'm sorry but I have a huge problem with anyone having a problem with how he carried his weapon. Since when does the Constitution contain language that says, "oh, by the way, when we say "bear arms" we mean you cannot carry it in front of you slung or in any manner other than slung on your shoulder."

Aside from the fact he was hiking in feral hog country and hogs can attack very fast without warning, it's nobody's d@mn business how he carries his d@mn weapon! Get over it! The cop did not claim he had his hand on the pistol grip and pointing it at people. That would be the ONLY condition where it would be inappropriate "bearing" and that would be only if said people were not threatening him. Believe me you don't want to get into the gov't determining which positions you can legally carry a weapon. He can walk down the road and carry it with the butt on his hip, across his shoulders like a yoke, carried by one hand by his side, bear hugging it or any of dozens of ways.

If the people who called he cops complaining about seeing a man with a rifle walking down a rural road with his son in a State where open carry of a rifle is legal, they need to make an emergency appointment with a proctologist to extricate their heads out of their rears. They ought to be glad he's out there scaring away bad guys while protecting his son who was working on his last merit badge for eagle scout. Too bad those dopey cops didn't take scouting because if they had, they probably would not have been such nazi weenies.

I would not like to see a guy walking down my street toting a gun like that.

That guy was running his mouth Im sure. Got exactly what he was looking for. He's on the internets.

Quote Originally Posted by bigtime View Post
    I would not like to see a guy walking down my street toting a gun like that.

That guy was running his mouth Im sure. Got exactly what he was looking for. He's on the internets.
    enjoy your servitude.

The guy was not breaking the law, period. By your standard everytime you get behind the wheel you should get a speeding ticket.

The man stood up for his rights. I think I'll see if he has a Legal defense fund, I'll have to send him a few bucks to help out.
    I only drink a little, but when I do
    I turn into another person and THAT person drinks a lot

Quote Originally Posted by hearthman View Post
    Mark, I'm sorry but I have a huge problem with anyone having a problem with how he carried his weapon. Since when does the Constitution contain language that says, "oh, by the way, when we say "bear arms" we mean you cannot carry it in front of you slung or in any manner other than slung on your shoulder."
    Did you not see the part where I said no law was broken until the cop grabbed the gun?

If he was hiking out in the brush, or even a little used dirt road or trail, there really isn't anything alarming about walking around holding a rifle in a ready position.

Walking down a paved county road with a rifle at the ready is kind of like walking down the road gripping your holstered sidearm.
    Not illegal, nor do I feel it should be, but it is a bit rude, even out in the country, hence my jackass comment.

I have no real issue with you having it out in front, but find a less potentially threatening position for your hands than the low ready position when there are other people around.
    If more government is the answer, then it's a really stupid question.