Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Also a little tip, with a Carrier CLO tripped, you can momentarly push the contactor in and the CLO will immediately recycle. Nice when you can't easily reach the disconnect from where you at, and or don't want to wait for the TD, just remember your compressor needs 3 minutes down time.

Don't Guess......investigate the problem!

Dear Heatair,

In order to properly begin to diagnose a refrigeration system, a service technician needs to start with the MINIMUM following operating data:

Compressor suction pressure
    Compressor discharge pressure
    Liquid line pressure (when available)
    Liquid line temperature
    Compressor suction line temperature
    Return dry bulb temperature
    Supply dry bulb temperature
    Compressor RLA or FLA
    Compressor pulling amps
    OSA
    Does the system have a fixed orifice or TXV

Obtaining and recording the delta T of the outside coil is not relevant in completing the preliminary diagnoses for a system.

Also, when working on a heat pump system it is important to never call coil sections evaporator or condensing, but rather indoor and outdoor. Also one needs to always inform the forum as to the cycle mode of the system at the time of the readings (heating or cooling cycle).

The above information, when posted, will provide a wealth of diagnostic information for the service technician to begin his, or hers, diagnoses of the system. Anything less is just making an educated guess at the root cause of the problem……..key word “guess”.

Hope this helps…………

Respectfully Submitted,
    John J. Dalton CM

Quote Originally Posted by john dalton View Post
    Dear Heatair,

In order to properly begin to diagnose a refrigeration system, a service technician needs to start with the MINIMUM following operating data:

<Snipped to save bandwidth>

The above information, when posted, will provide a wealth of diagnostic information for the service technician to begin his, or hers, diagnoses of the system. Anything less is just making an educated guess at the root cause of the problem……..key word “guess”.

Hope this helps…………

Respectfully Submitted,
    John J. Dalton CM
    Thank you Mr Dalton. How does that help me? My first question remains unanswered.

The 'updated' pressures and temps are to show that the refrigerant did help, but I cannot find the solution to the first problem.

My apologies to all if y'all think this starting a 'flame' war, but John J. Dalton CM is being no real help (at least in my opinion)....

Lets slow down friend........

Dear Heatair,

No offense taken friend. Let me be more direct.

You did not take enough and the correct operating data from your system for anyone here at this forum to accurately diagnose your system, period!

You must first gather the correct data (listed above) and then your question can be answered friend.

Respectfully Submitted,
    John J. Dalton CM

Examples of incorrect and not enough data posted......

Dear Heatair,

As for your “updated pressures and temperatures” posted above, again there is not enough of the correct data for anyone here at this forum to diagnose your system accurately.

Case in point, you have not provided enough data to calculate either the superheat or the subcooling of this system, nor do we know if this system has a fixed orifice or a TXV. You have not posted the indoor return and supply temperatures so proper airflow cannot be calculated.

With the two examples above, neither correct system charge, nor correct airflow (the two largest problem generators) can be verified.

Simple enough?

Respectfully Submitted,
    John J. Dalton CM

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12