Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Finally found the problem

Took me forever but I just kept clawing my was towards a diagnosis...
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Wrong filter?
    Carpe Carp~ Seize the carp

Supposed to have red wire nuts
    Officially, Down for the count

YOU HAVE TO GET OFF YOUR ASS TO GET ON YOUR FEET

I know enough to know, I don't know enough
    Liberalism-Ideas so good they mandate them

Quote Originally Posted by fridgitator View Post
    Wrong filter?
    No silly, isn't it obvious? It's in backwards and the wrong brand.
    Every customer you take for granted today will be someone else's tomorrow.

Quote Originally Posted by DLZ Dan View Post
    No silly, isn't it obvious? It's in backwards and the wrong brand.
    You might be correct sir. HO installed a better filter. I hope hurtinhvac installed the best filter.
    Officially, Down for the count

YOU HAVE TO GET OFF YOUR ASS TO GET ON YOUR FEET

I know enough to know, I don't know enough
    Liberalism-Ideas so good they mandate them

Hope you checked the HX

I keep adding gas , but the low side wont come up ...

I hate it when the blower motor rappel from the blower housing like that.....

So I gotta know why the motor is lying there? Botched diy?

It's actually a small local city hall. I got the call the previous night, scheduled for 1st call AM today - from our new HVAC- challenged dispatcher. It read "no heat, previous tech found unit frozen and advised shut down until warmer temps."

So I immediately called and asked "so it's a no cool, right?" No..."it's a no heat." Are you sure? She's sure.

{{{[[[SIGH]]]}}}

I have no idea why the old blower motor was sitting there when I popped the blower door - just thought it was a funny shot. Cycled the furnace on and off repeatedly (an old Lennox whisper heat), temp rise, cap, wheel, filter etc. and finally called a councilman, alderman or whatever and asked who reported it, what did they experience etc and promptly find out it was a no cool after all...

It was 46* out. Reschedule till warmer temps. Which turned out to be later this afternoon - we went from 46* to 86* today and are currently facing down another cold front and possible round of tornados.

I'm trying to be patient as I'm only two years in myself - but I'm catching myself cursing the dispatcher like I'm an old salty tech. I have no idea what I'm responding to sometimes and have taken to just confirming "in route" and just dealing with what I find. Pays the very same and actually adds hours by the end of the week.

Quote Originally Posted by hurtinhvac View Post
    It's actually a small local city hall. I got the call the previous night, scheduled for 1st call AM today - from our new HVAC- challenged dispatcher. It read "no heat, previous tech found unit frozen and advised shut down until warmer temps."

So I immediately called and asked "so it's a no cool, right?" No..."it's a no heat." Are you sure? She's sure.

{{{[[[SIGH]]]}}}

I have no idea why the old blower motor was sitting there when I popped the blower door - just thought it was a funny shot. Cycled the furnace on and off repeatedly (an old Lennox whisper heat), temp rise, cap, wheel, filter etc. and finally called a councilman, alderman or whatever and asked who reported it, what did they experience etc and promptly find out it was a no cool after all...

It was 46* out. Reschedule till warmer temps. Which turned out to be later this afternoon - we went from 46* to 86* today and are currently facing down another cold front and possible round of tornados.

I'm trying to be patient as I'm only two years in myself - but I'm catching myself cursing the dispatcher like I'm an old salty tech. I have no idea what I'm responding to sometimes and have taken to just confirming "in route" and just dealing with what I find. Pays the very same and actually adds hours by the end of the week.
    Ya dumb bipolar weather....

You might change your approach when you arrive to a call.... One of my favorite first things to say is "tell me a story...." You just never know what they might say next.

Quote Originally Posted by hurtinhvac View Post

I
    {{{[[[SIGH]]]}}}

I dealt with that with my dispatcher. Hes also my dad <g>

Sometimes he'd tell me where the call was ....like golden pheasant Dr off main street.

Turns out its golden feather Dr across town! I finally asked him to only give the address and ill confirm before driving!

Quote Originally Posted by ryan1088 View Post
    Ya dumb bipolar weather....

You might change your approach when you arrive to a call.... One of my favorite first things to say is "tell me a story...." You just never know what they might say next.
    No doubt...but when it's commercial or government, and you are let in by someone who's sole job is to point the way and turn on lights - the info is lacking. I'm sorry...I expect a dispatcher to at least determine whether the customer wants to be hot or cold. She's a former emergency dispatcher so...burglary, fire, medical...which is it?

Whatever...I'm used to no heats and no cools in the same 5 hours here...

It's all well and fine - didn't mean to rant.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast