Results 1 to 10 of 10
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Chicagoland Area
    Posts
    4,770

    Police are exempt from the law

    http://www.nationalreview.com/corner...ree-cj-grisham

    You heard it right from the sergeant that merely owning a gun makes people dangerous.
    Officially, Down for the count

    YOU HAVE TO GET OFF YOUR ASS TO GET ON YOUR FEET

    I know enough to know, I don't know enough
    Liberalism-Ideas so good they mandate them

  2. #2
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Atlanta area
    Posts
    2,648
    Don't argue with the policeman.
    Even when he is wrong and you are right,
    don't argue with the policeman.
    You are only making things worse, and
    you run the risk of further injustice or bodily harm.
    Video, yes. Argue, no. That's what courts are for.
    Don't argue with the policeman.
    You are not his teacher. You are the suspect. Behave. Be nice.
    Gather all the evidence you can. Hire a lawyer. Press charges.
    But don't argue with the policeman.

    Just be glad you don't live in other countries, like Germany, for
    example, where the cop can knock you out cold and throw you
    in jail for looking sideways at him.

    You don't want an undiagnosed cerebral hemorrhage or a
    detached retina or a broken jaw or an orphaned child. It's
    not worth it. Cooperate.

    Cops don't always do everything right. They're human. They
    make mistakes. What are you going to do, explain proper police
    procedure to them while they slap the handcuffs on? Stop it.
    You're being childish. Let the man do his job. Let your son run
    the camera. Let your lawyer do the talking. Let the judge make
    the decision. Let the policeman's supervisor make the correction.

    Relax. Think. Be careful. Teach your son how to use the tools
    of a civilized society, not how to throw a tantrum.

    Show the policeman a little respect. Yeah, he made a mistake.
    Let him make it. Cut him a little slack. Be patient. He may not
    be a perfect cop, but he's probably a reasonable man. Trust the
    man. Worry about the cop part later.
    Vacuum Technology:
    CRUD = Contamination Resulting in Undesirable Deposits.
    CRAPP = Contamination Resulting in Additional Partial Pressure.

    Change your vacuum pump oil now.

    Test. Testing, 1,2,3.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Kaufman county, Texas
    Posts
    10,433
    Quote Originally Posted by 2sac View Post
    http://www.nationalreview.com/corner...ree-cj-grisham

    You heard it right from the sergeant that merely owning a gun makes people dangerous.
    Looks like a testosterone contest to me.
    "You boys are really making this thing harder than it has to be". Me

    "Who ARE you people? And WHAT are you doing in my SWAMP!?" Shrek

    Service calls submitted after 3PM will be posted the next business day.

    I give free estimates [Wild Ass Guesses] over the phone.

    "I am sorry for interrupting, please continue with your quarreling" Some chick on TV

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Chicagoland Area
    Posts
    4,770
    Neither one handled the situation correctly. To be guilty until proven innocent? I guess we are resorting back to the "Guns are dangerous" argument.
    Officially, Down for the count

    YOU HAVE TO GET OFF YOUR ASS TO GET ON YOUR FEET

    I know enough to know, I don't know enough
    Liberalism-Ideas so good they mandate them

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Atlanta GA area
    Posts
    21,581
    IMO the reason cops are not respected is they do not behave as though they should be.

    When I was a kid growing up in the 60's... cops behaved like professionals. Now they behave like they think they are above the law. Somehow this attitude happened... it is ILLEGAL under the Constitution.
    Yet if we as citizens do not do something about it... it will get worse.

    I do agree... do not start a fight with a cop... rather get a video and get a lawyer.
    Problem is... it costs hundreds of thousands of $$$'s to get something like this dealt with according to the Constitution.

    Might read up at this website: WWW.SAF.org They take on cases like this... and their record of winning is HUGE!
    They are the ones who told Illinois they could NOT have a 'No CCW law'... and won.

    Now here is the question: Will we sit on our hands and post at ARP... or will we get involved (legally) and send a message govts have to abide by the Constitution.
    IMO first thing is for us to understand what is and is not Constitutional... go here: WWW.Hillsdale.edu Lots of free lectures, one can learn a HUGE amount if they want to.
    GA-HVAC-Tech

    Quality work at a fair price with excellent customer service!

    Romans Ch's 5-6-7-8

    2 Chronicles 7:14

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Kaufman county, Texas
    Posts
    10,433
    Quote Originally Posted by 2sac View Post
    Neither one handled the situation correctly. To be guilty until proven innocent? I guess we are resorting back to the "Guns are dangerous" argument.
    I think it is fairly common here for cops to acquire weapons of any sort investigating a 'complaint'. I guess the procedure is basically 1-weapons free, 2-ID, 3-investigate. They will take your pocket-knife. Matters not, whether you are a perpetrator or a victim or a witness. You will be asked if you have any weapons in a common traffic stop. Not saying they will take it, but it is common to ask. It is in my opinion none of their damn business and probably the whole mess prompts some legal questions, but I keep my gun locked in the tool-box so I have no need to personally worry about it.

    A cop is investigating a 'complaint', shows up on site and goes about disarming the guy,... that is pretty much standard procedure here. Seeing some dude walking down the road with an OMG ASSAULT RIFLE is pretty unusual around here. You might see some guy out in the county from time to time rarely, never within city limits. Not that there is anything wrong with that, but if you are going hiking 10 miles down the public road with an OMG ASSAULT RIFLE and a back-pack and a goofy head-gear you can pretty much expect a complaint call these days. A passing officer would probably stop and investigate anyway. Basically 'what are you doing and who are you'.

    The video alluded to the guy being evasive about his ID, he was belligerent and antagonistic. We did not see the initial contact, maybe the cop was a little heavy-handed, but this is not generally a time for confrontation. Take it to court.

    Generally speaking, if you ever find yourself in a belligerent confrontation with the police you are not in a state of revolution or righteous indignation. You are an idiot, and you are going to the jail. That is how it works. It is not a perfect system, but that is how it works.
    "You boys are really making this thing harder than it has to be". Me

    "Who ARE you people? And WHAT are you doing in my SWAMP!?" Shrek

    Service calls submitted after 3PM will be posted the next business day.

    I give free estimates [Wild Ass Guesses] over the phone.

    "I am sorry for interrupting, please continue with your quarreling" Some chick on TV

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Chicagoland Area
    Posts
    4,770
    But if he was an Arab they would have let him walk because we all know that is profiling. Same reason they let the gangbangers in Chicago walk. It's racist. Here we not only let them walk, we give them spending money. It's known as the "ghetto lotto". You are correct that we never saw the initial confrontation. In the video the cop agreed that the man stopped when asked. I agree the guy should have handled himself with a better demeanor. The sergeant saying police are exempt from the law makes him a prime candidate for politics, and with that attitude he is neither serving or protecting the public. Maybe I'm naïve, living in Crook County IL, I cannot walk out my front door carrying open or concealed without getting arrested.
    Officially, Down for the count

    YOU HAVE TO GET OFF YOUR ASS TO GET ON YOUR FEET

    I know enough to know, I don't know enough
    Liberalism-Ideas so good they mandate them

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Long Beach, CA
    Posts
    3,628
    I think it was a setup. Why did he need that amount of firepower to walk down that road? How many times did he do that before? Was it hunting season right there? Where there big predators nearby? How often do his neighbors witness that display of firearms? How often do those cops see such a thing?

    My opinion - he was watching videos on youtube about standing up to ill-informed cops and wanted a crack at it. That's why he had the camera and the attitude.

    Cops deal with what is the norm and what is reasonable. Neither of those fit.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jan 2001
    Posts
    8,118
    Quote Originally Posted by Tool-Slinger View Post
    I think it is fairly common here for cops to acquire weapons of any sort investigating a 'complaint'. I guess the procedure is basically 1-weapons free, 2-ID, 3-investigate. They will take your pocket-knife. Matters not, whether you are a perpetrator or a victim or a witness. You will be asked if you have any weapons in a common traffic stop. Not saying they will take it, but it is common to ask. It is in my opinion none of their damn business and probably the whole mess prompts some legal questions, but I keep my gun locked in the tool-box so I have no need to personally worry about it.

    A cop is investigating a 'complaint', shows up on site and goes about disarming the guy,... that is pretty much standard procedure here. Seeing some dude walking down the road with an OMG ASSAULT RIFLE is pretty unusual around here. You might see some guy out in the county from time to time rarely, never within city limits. Not that there is anything wrong with that, but if you are going hiking 10 miles down the public road with an OMG ASSAULT RIFLE and a back-pack and a goofy head-gear you can pretty much expect a complaint call these days. A passing officer would probably stop and investigate anyway. Basically 'what are you doing and who are you'.

    The video alluded to the guy being evasive about his ID, he was belligerent and antagonistic. We did not see the initial contact, maybe the cop was a little heavy-handed, but this is not generally a time for confrontation. Take it to court.

    Generally speaking, if you ever find yourself in a belligerent confrontation with the police you are not in a state of revolution or righteous indignation. You are an idiot, and you are going to the jail. That is how it works. It is not a perfect system, but that is how it works.
    Do a little googling on this guy and you can see that he has an agenda. He is glad he got arrested.

    Feral hogs my butt...... And given the state of this country today...... I cant blame someone for calling the law on someone out walking around with a rifle like that.... He had a pistol on him......and I know you guys will come on here and say he needed the rifle over the pistol cause it was better for those hogs...... but still....walking along a road......populated area......daytime..... and he had
    a pistol.......

    First thing any cop is going to do is disarm someone they come in contact with on a call like that........ it only makes sense.

    Cop should have wasted that guy...... BAM !

    When I was a teen I went everywhere with a rifle or shotgun or both in my car..... went to school with them and would get them out sometimes after school and we would go shooting in the cotton/soybean fields that surrounded the school....

    Nobody ever said anything to us.

    It was a different time...

    Nowadays.... I bet I couldnt take my ar out to my car without someone calling the law....... and the places I used to go shooting.....I bet if I showed up there to shoot this afternoon the law would be called.

    Cop should have RELEASED THE KRAKEN on that boys a**.

    His kids got that "lanza" look..... so getting him would have been a good idea also.
    YOU SHALL REAP WHAT YOU HAVE _______ SOWN

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    TX
    Posts
    90
    The guy obviously had an agenda. I moved to the area 9 months ago and born and raised 60 miles east of temple. I would not be caring my rifle around me in this area on public roads. I know we have the right to do so, but does not mean you have to carry the rifle. There is no reason he should not be comfortable just carrying the side arm. I am pro gun and want to protect every right we have now but I do not think this is a good or acceptable way to demonstrate the right. Both parties were in the wrong in my opinion. Please support the NRA so we do not lose our rights.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Comfortech Show Promo Image

Related Forums

Plumbing Talks | Contractor Magazine
Forums | Electrical Construction & Maintenance (EC&M) Magazine
Comfortech365 Virtual Event