Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Im bettin' some residue left over from mgf ht ex has worked it's way into the exhaust system.

Could be some jerk at the factory threw some crap inside ht ex as it was coming down the line.

Could be the furnace materials themselves could be breaking down after prolonged exposure to condensate,

When you clean the port out do you actually remove the material or just shove it back into the inducer motor?

Strange problem, I can imagine how frustrated you are.

Does the inducer impeller or housing show any type of wear?

don't know if its related but lennox has had this problem on their newer furnaces and they claim it is due to quality of the gas. i found my first one last week. their fix is a teflon insert that they say will stop the problem.

might want to give rheem tech support a call.......

If it were propane I'd agree with that. And to my knowledge nat gas has no "man made" hydrocarbons added to the lines to boast the pressure if it ever lags below transmission level. There is the sulphur content to give the gas a smell however.

Quote Originally Posted by t527ed View Post
    don't know if its related but lennox has had this problem on their newer furnaces and they claim it is due to quality of the gas. i found my first one last week. their fix is a teflon insert that they say will stop the problem.

might want to give rheem tech support a call.......
    What is the model number of the furnace that is having the problem? Have you seen any more with the same issue? Is it plugging up the inducer port or somewhere else?
    Thank you.

I talked to a friend of mine that works on lennox and he said that they have had problems with hoses plugging up, but nothing like this.
    Has anyone else experienced draft inducer ports on Ruud furnaces plugging up?

Quote Originally Posted by nashent1 View Post
    What is the model number of the furnace that is having the problem? Have you seen any more with the same issue? Is it plugging up the inducer port or somewhere else?
    Thank you.

the one i found was a G61, they said in the bulletin it can effect all condensing models. plugged up the pressure switch ports on the left side of the collector box with a white crystal. hoses themselves were clear.

This is an old thread but anyhow I find this on alot of furnaces especially the newer ones. I have found that a main supplier of the inducer motors places the pressure port directly inline with the inducer wheel inside the housing. There has been a revised placement of a port on a certain model furnace and so far I have not had any calls back yet on any of those units I replaced with revised ones.

What brand of furnace did you find this problem on?

Here is what I would do....

Nevermind, this is not the pro forum.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123