Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Plugged inducer port on RUUD furnace.

I have been working on 2 RUUD UGRA-06EMAES furnaces. I am getting a pressure switch lockout code. When I take off the hose that is connected from the pressure switch to the draft inducer port, there is some hard white and orange deposits in the draft inducer port. I clean out the port and the furnace works for 3 days to a week and then the customer calls back and the inducer port is plugged again. This is very frustrating. Has anyone else experienced this and what can I do to fix it?
    Thanks!

How long since the units been installed ? Ive seen this happen when glue from the pvc pipeing worked its way down into the area blocking the hole.

The units are 1 and 2 years old. How would glue get back into the inducer and why does it happen over and over. Do you know of a fix for this?
    Thank you for the response.

I used to see this years ago on residential equipment....never had any call backs after cleaning the port though....seemed more of a crusty material though...almost like fine mortar

What does the burner compartment look like?? Does it look dirty with some of the same material you described? Do you have accurate gas pressure and air mixture. My own furnace was starving for air with a low input of gas and the white soot was all over the burner compartment.
    If your not getting the results you desire then change. People change from either desperation or inspiration.

The burner compartment is clean. Gas pressure is 3.5" W.C..

Does this furnace have a condensate trap on it for the comb. air drain line? Did you say this was Natural or Propane? the condensate is staying around too long. If the trap is clean then there might be some type of leak in the flue from motor to outside....goodluck
    If your not getting the results you desire then change. People change from either desperation or inspiration.

The condensate trap is clean. The furnaces are natural gas. I have inspected the vent pipe and everything seems to be good.

pvc shavings softened up from temp in inducer/pipe then hardened

if cool is right-

- and, i think he is, this thing will return time & time again. the whole flue system needs to be checked and cleaned from the end to inside of the collector box and all hoses. check for coreect slope on pipe and hoses. if there is shavings, it could be a sign of the type of install.
    remember, with electronics; when its brown,its cooking and when its black, its done!!!

I dont think it is pvc shavings. When I clean out the port the stuff crumbles. If it were shavings, I would think that it would stay in little pieces.

When your furnace is running is the exhaust out side seem to be coming out at a good flow? I just keep thinking to myself that the condensate is not getting drained enough and it sits there and the water dries up and leaves the particles . Is your furnace somewhat level(it should have a slight slope toward the front right or left)depending on your evap drain location. It might be tilted slightly back which would keep from draining all of the condensate???

The furnace is tilted slightly forward. The exhaust is flowing good with no obstructions. We currently have over 600 furnaces of the exact same model in the exact same style house and I am having the problem in 2 of them......so far.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast