Thread: Plexus

Plexus

Just wondering what other people thought about it??
    I think it's the best I've seen in along time.

your feedback would be appreciated

Thanks

Looks Good

I saw a demo with Plexus and it looked great. Until I asked the price, they charge for every driver N2, LON, CSI, BACNET. I liked the product just not the price.

Who doesn't charge for everything?

I have worked with Gary and Sean for quite a bit of time. In the past, they had an issue with vaproware, but have overcome that admirably (not a dig, guys, just facts).
    The only thing I don't like, and this is common among the entire platform of companies that do it, is the extensive use of Java. It is server and client heavy, so concurrent users can seriously effect the user experience.
    They had once introduced a pricing plan that charged for variables! They quickly and quietly got rid of that, haven't checked to see if they reinstated it, though.
    Rules of thumb:
    Make sure you LOAD the heck out of the box with RAM
    Mirror the drives as it's a LOT of work to recover if you lose a drive
    Make full use of Sean... he's got things floating in his head that aren't documented, but are reall cool ways to make your life easier when using the product
    Be prepared for the 6-8 hour time zone difference... shift your schedule so you can be assured of timely support responses. They're great with support, but the time difference can make it seem otherwise
    Be aware of how they work with animations. You can show or hide based on a trigger, but they have a cool frame action tool that allows you to easily fill a coil, fire a boiler, etc. Really easy and cool
    Be mindful of the alternate drivers. I'm not sure how well they're working. LON was the initial driver and is the best developed last time I used the NSX
    You might be a beta site sometimes, but they'll support the heck out of you if you need it.

I'd say, go for it. Good guys and decently stable product. Tell 'em Glenn McConnell sent you (and be ready for the slap LOL)

I thought Gary moved on.....

You can get Altitude and put it on your own machine.. (recommend it)

With LON you can have a IP852 NIC and dramatically surpass anything throughput any Tridium box can deliver.

I wasn't talking about the possible LON bottleneck that could happen with an FTT xmiter. I was talking about the load that Java places on the client/server environment.

Gary's gone??? He was one of the founders?!?! I'll have to ring Sean and see what's up over there in warm beer land. Just checked him out and, sure enough, he's not there anymore.