+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Need work willing to relocate

Post Likes
    you must be in with fagan or odell but most companys there are not getting those kind of hours..maybe your just lucky. if you have a good union job in kc you had better stay there..best of luck

Post Likes

kc job

No not fagan!
    Just little ol' Metro.
    true knowledge exists in knowing that you know nothing.

Post Likes

kc pipefitter

metro is a kewl compant...congrats.

Post Likes

metro

thanx airman
    true knowledge exists in knowing that you know nothing.

Post Likes
    Hey, my company is looking for a commercial service tech. We're in Roanoke, VA. There is a serious shortage of experienced commercial techs around here. Our website is www.whitescarverengineering.com. You can get our contact info from there. Call/email if your interested. It's an awesome area. The area is growing so quick, but it's a really nice place to live and work. Good cost of living and decent schools if you've got kids. Just let us know.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by JKannon View Post
    Hey, my company is looking for a commercial service tech. We're in Roanoke, VA. There is a serious shortage of experienced commercial techs around here. Our website is www.whitescarverengineering.com. You can get our contact info from there. Call/email if your interested. It's an awesome area. The area is growing so quick, but it's a really nice place to live and work. Good cost of living and decent schools if you've got kids. Just let us know.

I was told bye some people who work there, They have so many taxes, like on everything, wages , local, personal, cars, etc, like almost 38% of your gross wages go out for taxes.
    Refrigeration...Finding the Wright Wrench to pound in the correct..Screw

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by supertek65 View Post
    Kansas city,
    pipefitter makes $52.00 hr - medical dental, pension etc,.
    ends up about $35.00 hr on your check plus van, holidays, vac etccc..
    you can buy a nice 2,500 sq ft home in good part of town for $200,000.

95% Of the companys here charge between $65.00--$85.00 per man hr!!, any more than that, They would SOL In a matter of a month.
    We are talking any size co here, 5 man shop or 50 man shop

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by cracker View Post
    I was told bye some people who work there, They have so many taxes, like on everything, wages , local, personal, cars, etc, like almost 38% of your gross wages go out for taxes.

Some places do have higher real estate/personal property taxes than others, but that's the same no matter what area of the country you're from. From what I've seen, Roanoke Co and City of Salem are about average tax wise. But, you can always go just over the county line into Franklin or Bedford Counties & taxes are WAY less, and it's not very far from Roanoke proper. I'm in Franklin Co, and this is honestly the least amount of tax I've had to pay anywhere I've lived (all over the eastern seaboard).

As for the actual payroll taxes, the majority of that goes to the feds, and that's the same across the board. And at 5% the sales tax is just absolutely middle of the road if you look at the national averages.

Uncle Sam and the state are always going to get theirs, but you can definitely make a good living here.

Post Likes
    Ok..thanks

Post Likes
    Needing a controls tech in Roanoke VA
    Interested call 304 741 2091 for info

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by ClacyW View Post
    Needing a controls tech in Roanoke VA
    Interested call 304 741 2091 for info
    Arise 10 year old thread

Please start a new job posting
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Post Likes
    Piedmont Service Group and CMS Controls in Raleigh NC is hiring! Email me!

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by cracker View Post
    Damm Few.........Most companys here In OZ are billing out In the range of $85.00--$110.00 per hr, But the pecker heads who run the the place think $12.00 hr Is a living wage
    Here on Long Island NY a service call is $195-$250 for two techs no matter what they find.

The company especially after a lightning storm will suggest the customer go to the electrical panel and check for a tripped breaker. They are warned that if the breaker is indeed tripped that when we get there and reset it, the charge will be for a service call. In most cases the homeowner just says come check it out. In other cases when we get there check the unit out, and reset the breaker the customer does not wish to pay. Then we pull his condenser disconnect and let the owner negotiate after hours with him haha.

If you are a customer dealing with a large company, you should always ask if two technicians are coming for that price. Sometimes the owner or manager guesses at the cause and just sends one tech, gambling on an easy fix. Then when you get there you find out you need two techs to diagnose the problem. Or one tech to pick up parts and the other to prep for the work. Either way the customer almost always absorbs it and the technician is hated for it, by the customer and the boss. Because you really cannot be working in the muddy flower bed and run into the clean mansion back and forth without a problem. So you need one clean guy and one muddy guy. Or a lot of those slip on boot covers.

Single owner, single tech, companies usually have a close relation with customers so they do not need to worry about stuff like that. They are also more responsible and can decide to take a littler more time and not mess up the house. But for larger companies you would want two techs because they are on the clock and have to make so many stops in a day. They will walk through your house and leave tracks haha.

If there is work to be done the service call is usually refunded and taken off the price of the work.

Things like topping off the system, changing a capacitor or crimping on new connectors, to corroded wires, we usually just charge for parts but the labor is included in the service call. If the customer makes us coffee, offers water, soda, or a good lunch, we will do anything for free haha. That is how sure I am it will never happen. We do get some good tips though.

The rate in NY is probably around $25-$35 an hour for a tech non-union.

Sincerely,

William McCormick

Post Likes
    Like every major city in the US? Austin, TX is one of them too. Send a resume. We do mostly residential. Pay is excellent but you have to sell.
    when life throws me a banjo, i play it

Post Likes
    If you are interested in working in the Roanoke VA area, give me a call at 304 741 2091. I am looking for an employee in that area with experience in HVAC controls.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by airman72mod View Post
    I am tired of the 23 years of layoffs in mo. I got a wife ,4 kidz, and a racecar to support. thinkin of makin a move asap for year around steady work ,really dosnt matter where.my specialtys are res, comm hvac, comm refrig, and sheetmetal work. no call backs! and make the customer love ya! repeat business.
    Why is this thread back from the dead?
    [B][SIZE=2] CENTER]I no longer identify as a conspiracy theorist. You may now refer to me as “That guy that was always right”.

“What one generation tolerates, the next generation will embrace.”
    ― Definitely said by John Wesley

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in